Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: HELP! Giant stash of new hardware
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tygaboy
The entire lot has been sold, thanks!

Hi all - I just taken delivery of a buddy's huge stash of BRAND NEW hardware that runs the gammut from nuts and bolts to Schnor washers to hose clamps to dowel pins to specialty stuff like oil line bolts and circlips to... Holy crap, there's a lot of stuff here! Like 10+ plastic totes full of it, plus more.

Of note is that much of it is from the OEM suppliers to Porsche so the finishes are correct, etc.

Anyway, I'm trying to do him a favor by helping him sell it. Ideally, someone will take it all. No, I don't have a price in mind but happy to talk details and work out a killer deal.

@eric_shea @mepstein - I'm thinking this may be the sort of thing that's best suited to a shop where this stuff will find its way onto cars.

@Cairo94507 Michael - Could you maybe alert John Holleran to this? Thanks.

These are only a few pics. If you're interested, or know of someone or some shop that would be, please PM me and I'll work to get a more complete inventory, answer questions, do a video walk through of everything, etc.

Thanks for any help!
Chris
tygaboy
more
NARP74
That's a gold mine right there, maybe not in price but in solving problems for the community. It would be nice to get it out in circulation. I'll take 4 of everything, please. Maybe make goody bags and sell them if you can't find a big buyer.

How do you find stuff like this?
914Sixer
Man that is like a kid in a candy store. I have to resist with all my urges, trying to quit have to detox from parts. biggrin.gif
Van B
So, I’m guessing you don’t have any desire/time to inventory the hardware? I see a lot of things I’d like to buy, but not in boxes of a hundred, ya know?
fiacra
PM sent, as well as a text. I have a buyer for the lot (a good friend of mine who has a shop).
tygaboy
It's like Christmas at the Red Barn! Every tote is its own surprise then I get another as I open each of the boxes within.
Here's what looks like trans/engine filler plugs, exhaust studs, w00t.gif
tygaboy
Each one of these boxes is filled, or mostly filled, with specific sized hose clamps.
tygaboy
Varied size assortment of those single-use hose clamps.
StarBear
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Aug 29 2022, 03:15 PM) *

That's a gold mine right there, maybe not in price but in solving problems for the community. It would be nice to get it out in circulation. I'll take 4 of everything, please. Maybe make goody bags and sell them if you can't find a big buyer.

agree.gif
tygaboy
Yellow zinc, clear zinc, button head, socket head, hex head. This is getting ridiculous. drooley.gif
Cairo94507
@tygaboy Holy moly that's a lot of stuff. I will definitely let John know.
tygaboy
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Aug 29 2022, 12:15 PM) *

@NARP74 - This may sound like a snarky, wise-assed reply but it's true:
It was all sitting behind the Ferrari engine! shades.gif

If I can't find a buyer for the whole thing, I'll look at selling to individuals.
NARP74
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Aug 29 2022, 03:37 PM) *

QUOTE(NARP74 @ Aug 29 2022, 12:15 PM) *

@NARP74 - This may sound like a snarky, wise-assed reply but it's true:
It was all sitting behind the Ferrari engine! shades.gif

If I can't find a buyer for the whole thing, I'll look at selling to individuals.

That's not snarky, that's like putting the blade in twice and twisting!!! Man what a find, a sweet Italian engine and all of this stuff. I can't look anymore, you're killing me.
Van B
I’m tempted to follow this thread, but I’ve decided against it. None of this will ever be available to 99% of us for discount prices, unless you are in the region.

Windfall for the local guys. Congratulations.
tygaboy
One more for today.
The only way this makes sense is to me is that I'm happy to do a FaceTime or Zoom walk around and show any potential buys each tote's contents. It just goes on and on.
tygaboy
Sold as one lot. Thanks @fiacra Broheen for your help making this happen!
NARP74
What does he do? What will happen with the parts?
tygaboy
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Aug 31 2022, 02:10 PM) *

@NARP74 - He runs a scrap yard and he plans to melt down everything.

happy11.gif
He's an independent Porsche shop owner so I expect much of it will find its way into use. Whether he opts to offer some for sale, I can't say. I'm delivering it all tomorrow so I'll ask and let him know he's welcome to post here, should that be a direction he opts to go.
NARP74
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Aug 31 2022, 05:34 PM) *

QUOTE(NARP74 @ Aug 31 2022, 02:10 PM) *

@NARP74 - He runs a scrap yard and he plans to melt down everything.

happy11.gif
He's an independent Porsche shop owner so I expect much of it will find its way into use. Whether he opts to offer some for sale, I can't say. I'm delivering it all tomorrow so I'll ask and let him know he's welcome to post here, should that be a direction he opts to go.

You have a dark side
fiacra
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Aug 31 2022, 01:42 PM) *

Sold as one lot. Thanks @fiacra Broheen for your help making this happen!

Glad this worked out! It's all going to a good person.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.