Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Voltage Drops and Dim Dash Boards and Bouncy headlamp
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ctc911ctc
1974, 2L, 24K

Took the car out last night a few issues. smile.gif

1. Dimm Dashboard - seems about 1/2 brightness behind the dash and gauges driving-girl.gif
2. Left headlamp bouncy - seems that the whole unit is bouncy - I may be missing the support bolt? (that weird-looking bolt in the headlamp well, does the lamp rest on it?) shades.gif

Oh, yes the rheostat is full bright (headlamp pull switch rotation) driving.gif

Any pointers before I get the VOM? confused24.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Faulty grounds. Clean them up!
ClayPerrine
Bouncy headlights are normally do to a missing or misadjusted stop bolt.

The stop bolt is mounted to the back of the headlight box, and when the headlight comes up, it contacts the head of the stop bolt. Adjust the headlights so they fit right, then turn the lights on and adjust the stop bolt to just barely touch the bracket on the headlight frame.

IPB Image

Good luck!

Clay
Jamie
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 30 2022, 10:15 AM) *

The stop bolt is mounted to the back of the headlight box, and when the headlight comes up, it contacts the head of the stop bolt. Adjust the headlights so they fit right, then turn the lights on and adjust the stop bolt to just barely touch the bracket on the headlight frame.

IPB Image

Good luck!

Clay

Hey Clay, I see rare original Delphi Green paint under there! Must be a 73 or 74 model year.
ctc911ctc
Clay - THANK YOU - beerchug.gif

I will buy new bolts - Auto Atlanta seems to have a few in stock - do not see them anywhere else,

CTC

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 30 2022, 12:15 PM) *

IPB Image

Good luck!

Clay

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Jamie @ Aug 30 2022, 03:26 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 30 2022, 10:15 AM) *

IPB Image

Good luck!

Clay

Hey Clay, I see rare original Delphi Green paint under there! Must be a 73 or 74 model year.

Not my car, just a picture I found here on World with the proper info.

Clay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.