Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need favor in Sun Valley.... Boxster transmission
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
and stored for a few weeks.....

there is a Boxster transmission I need for R&D to try and make them more readily adaptable to our air-cooled engines......I know it's been done before with a 3.2 six
(and rumor is a V8 is adapting on for his conversion)

Thanks,

Maltese Falcon
To be picked up at Todd's (LAPD aka Kaos) ? If the #s are clean ohmy.gif PM me and I'll take care of it...only 20 min from Glendale.
Marty
neo914-6
I may still need a Boxster spare tire picked up in Arcadia. Martin, are you close by? Haven't heard from MattR lately as I think he is too busy with school in Irvine... confused24.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (Maltese Falcon @ Aug 5 2005, 08:52 PM)
To be picked up at Todd's (LAPD aka Kaos) ? If the #s are clean ohmy.gif PM me and I'll take care of it...only 20 min from Glendale.
Marty

Hi Marty (can I call you Marty ? smile.gif ), yes, it's at Todds....I'll PM you later on this weekend, I have not finalized the deal yet.....oh boy, cut'n and weld'n will be going on beerchug.gif
DNHunt
What's wrong with you guys. Don't you ski? I was gonna see if we had a member in Idaho. huh.gif

Dave
Maltese Falcon
Mike , Felix, just pm me with the pertinent info. Arcadia's no problem...I don't mind storing small things- a Pinzgauer might be a problem unsure.gif
Marty
McMark
Sweet! wink.gif
Andyrew
Mike....

what are you going to be doing????

McMark
Just seeing how things fit. wink.gif
lapuwali
QUOTE (DNHunt @ Aug 5 2005, 08:27 PM)
What's wrong with you guys. Don't you ski? I was gonna see if we had a member in Idaho. huh.gif

Dave

I was about to say the same thing, Dave. If it IS Sun Valley, Idaho, then talk to Eric Shea. He has a brother up there.
Mueller
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Aug 6 2005, 05:57 PM)
QUOTE (DNHunt @ Aug 5 2005, 08:27 PM)

Dave

I was about to say the same thing, Dave. If it IS Sun Valley, Idaho, then talk to Eric Shea. He has a brother up there.

Sorry...Sun Valley in California....not much of a skier, I don't like the snow all that much.....of course it could have more to do with me not being that cordinated wacko.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (McMark @ Aug 6 2005, 05:24 PM)
Just seeing how things fit. wink.gif

I hope it fits....it looks like I'm going to sell my fresh 2.0 heads to help pay for a TIG welder welder.gif

of course that means I have no heads for my 2.2 motor wacko.gif ...oh well....maybe I'll get creative with my fresh 1.8 heads....
Andyrew
wait... hold on... YOur going to throw a boxter trani on a T4 engine?

I'll be watching to see what goes into this one....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Aug 7 2005, 01:21 AM)
I'll be watching to see what goes into this one....

hopefully it wont be for sale in 2 months.....
jonwatts
Mike, this is your WCC 2006 accountability buddy speaking. Remember, my job is to tell you not to take your car apart but to keep it running in the hopes it'll make the trip.

Do it, just don't paint yourself into a corner laugh.gif
McMark
Nice work Jon! I won't let him put the boxster tranny in his car. It's a CORE anyway, whatever that means.
neo914-6
Jason watched (maybe bid) on that core tranny. I found another complete one but it shot up to $600 in the end, still not a bad price. A core would be perfect to hack up and try to mount or weld a TIV/bus bellhousing. Cable shift and mounts and your almost there...

The Boxster trans is perfect for a TIV or 6 but pushing it for a V8.

I wish someone would work on a 300-400 hp/torque V8 alternative. MikeP looked into Mendeola, then almost 930/KEP-Chevy mix ala ZF/Pantera, but in the end went "typical" 930 V8 set up and still in the $10k range.

drew365
I can pick up the trans also, as a backup to Martin if need be. It can sit next to my spare -6 trans and trade war stories about clueless owners. biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
What's wrong with you guys. Don't you ski? I was gonna see if we had a member in Idaho.  

Dave  

Yeah... you guys beat me to it. I jumped on this post because me ole Bro owes the club a payback... right James? biggrin.gif
ajracer
QUOTE (Neo914-6 @ Aug 7 2005, 10:42 AM)
Jason watched (maybe bid) on that core tranny.  I found another complete one but it shot up to $600 in the end, still not a bad price.  A core would be perfect to hack up and try to mount or weld a TIV/bus bellhousing.  Cable shift and mounts and your almost there...

I wish someone would work on a 300-400 hp/torque V8 alternative.  MikeP looked into Mendeola, then almost 930/KEP-Chevy mix ala ZF/Pantera, but in the end went "typical" 930 V8 set up and still in the $10k range.

Well Felix; hopefully within a few weeks my Boxster tranny and V8 will be
operational and then I can start to give some feedback to those that might
be interested. Might I say the Boxster Cable Shifter is Very Sweet and I am
looking forward to the finished teener.

I've never even driven as Teener before,but hopefully it will handle either like
my go-kart of old or my early days formula ford racer. Time will tell

Allan
neo914-6
QUOTE (ajracer @ Aug 7 2005, 07:47 PM)
QUOTE (Neo914-6 @ Aug 7 2005, 10:42 AM)
Jason watched (maybe bid) on that core tranny.  I found another complete one but it shot up to $600 in the end, still not a bad price.  A core would be perfect to hack up and try to mount or weld a TIV/bus bellhousing.  Cable shift and mounts and your almost there...

I wish someone would work on a 300-400 hp/torque V8 alternative.  MikeP looked into Mendeola, then almost 930/KEP-Chevy mix ala ZF/Pantera, but in the end went "typical" 930 V8 set up and still in the $10k range.

Well Felix; hopefully within a few weeks my Boxster tranny and V8 will be
operational and then I can start to give some feedback to those that might
be interested. Might I say the Boxster Cable Shifter is Very Sweet and I am
looking forward to the finished teener.

I've never even driven as Teener before,but hopefully it will handle either like
my go-kart of old or my early days formula ford racer. Time will tell

Allan

Allan,

I keep saying a few weeks as the weeks go by... laugh.gif

Did you develop the adapter plate and flywheel? The Boxster tranny is probably stronger than the 901/914 and still cheaper/disposable. I doubt you will be pushing it to see it's limits but if it holds up to normal driving it's a great alternative. Maybe the 6-speed is stronger yet...

You have me thinking about my V8...

BTW, I got some Boxster mounts that I would like to use. I recall you and the guy with the 3.2-6 fabbed your own.

Mueller
Well, i just pulled the trigger and bought the "core" Boxster transmission........at least I have a few weeks or so to get my workbench cleaned up to make room for it....I've got an extra 1.8 motor sitting up on the bench waiting for it's new "mate" smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.