Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: door panel backing/plastic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Medtner3
Any suggestions on what to use to replace the plastic behind the door panels

Thank you
Geezer914
Just buy some heavy plastic sheeting at Lowes or Home Depot. Trim to fit the door and secure it with double stick tape.
TheCabinetmaker
I think 914 rubber has those
ClayPerrine
agree.gif

914 Rubber door vapor barrier kit.

I put a set in the six. They fit perfectly.

Clay
bbrock
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 1 2022, 08:44 AM) *

agree.gif

Clay

Do they include the little plastic flap at the bottom that tucks inside the door to redirect condensate running down the plastic back into the door so it drains out the drain holes?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
ours do

QUOTE(bbrock @ Sep 1 2022, 11:21 AM) *

agree.gif

Clay

Do they include the little plastic flap at the bottom that tucks inside the door to redirect condensate running down the plastic back into the door so it drains out the drain holes?

Medtner3
QUOTE(bbrock @ Sep 1 2022, 01:21 PM) *

agree.gif

Clay

I think best I take the Auto Atlanta one this time lol

Thanks George

Wes
Mikey914
I made a replication of the 75 barriers I had. Anyone have pics? It should be simple, just haven't see a "flap" before.

If you have this much water inside your door, it may explain the rust in the bottom channel. My understanding was it was like a house. Cold outside warm and humid inside (if you actually drive it in the winter). The vapor barrier would keep the warm air from being cooled by the metal on the door.

bbrock
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 2 2022, 11:51 AM) *

I made a replication of the 75 barriers I had. Anyone have pics? It should be simple, just haven't see a "flap" before.

If you have this much water inside your door, it may explain the rust in the bottom channel. My understanding was it was like a house. Cold outside warm and humid inside (if you actually drive it in the winter). The vapor barrier would keep the warm air from being cooled by the metal on the door.

I'm not saying the flap is important, I just know it was on all the barriers I've seen (which isn't that many) so I replicated it when I did mine.

But to your point. I think it is more about controlling condensate/dew that forms inside these metal cavities when the car sits at dew point in a humid environment - plus any water that leaks past the window squeegees in the rain. Given that the other side of the vapor barrier is against fiber board prone to water damage, I can see why the Germans got picky about this. But if the car has your plastic door cards, it would make no difference since they won't be water damaged.
Olympic 914
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Aug 31 2022, 07:45 PM) *

Just buy some heavy plastic sheeting at Lowes or Home Depot. Trim to fit the door and secure it with double stick tape.

Or be a CSOB like me, and cut up one of the heavy foil bags the dog food comes in.

No one sees it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.