Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 9/14 get together in San Diego / Encinitas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson
Hi everyone,

I thought I'd give this another try. I understand traffic is tough on weekdays but I think it's important to celebrate the actual 9/14 date. smile.gif

I'm hosting a 914 get together (and may expand it to other car friends) on Wednesday 9/14 at 6:00pm at my home in Encinitas. I have plenty of parking on my driveway. Feel free to arrive anytime.

Wednesday 9/14 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm!

I can grill hot dogs/hamburgers or maybe just get a taco truck if there is enough interest.

I'll give my phone number and exact address via PM. Approx location:

https://goo.gl/maps/9WKxJaRaQaHQn8Gg7

-Steve
siverson
Cairo94507
Hi Steve - What a terrific event; I wish we could make it. I am sure you guys will have a great time. I love the layout of your property. beerchug.gif
Michael
914SIXXation
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 2 2022, 09:17 AM) *

Hi Steve - What a terrific event; I wish we could make it. I am sure you guys will have a great time. I love the layout of your property. beerchug.gif
Michael

Hi Steve,

First of all, THANKS SO MUCH for your efforts to put this together.....

AND talk about dedication to 914 .......

Your address is: 914 Rancho Encinitas Drive!

Now, that's what I call "Dedication"!

IF I can get out of my previous commitment that evening I would love to come and will advise. Unfortunately, it is extremely doubtful it would be in my 914-6 as the engine/tranny doesn't start going back in until Tuesday and there will be testing and break in needing to take place.

I'll keep you updated and please keep me updated if this comes together.....

Thanks again for the invitation!

(Still can't believe your house address is "914"!)

Cheers,
Margie
driving-girl.gif margie_914.jpg

rcrgyrl
What a great idea and how great of you to organize it. If there is anyway we can be there we will....but Encinitas is far from Alpine especially on a weekday. We will try and let you know and don't give up. We need more San Diego events!

Rcrgyrl
driving-girl.gif
siverson
Hi Margie - yes saw your PM too, thanks. Right - that's not my actual address, just close.

Poway Steve said he can make it so so far we have a party of 2! Let me know who else can make it...

-Steve
siverson
Bump! 9/14 is in 5 days!
Steve
PM sent. I should be able to make it. I will be coming from Laguna Niguel.
siverson
Steve, awesome, and txt sent…

-Steve
Steve
icon_bump.gif
siverson
Happy 9/14 Eve! smile.gif
Lucky9146
I would so do this if not already going to Red Rocks.
Have a great time, hope you do it again.
I wonder who Poway Steve is, I live in Poway!
driving.gif white914.jpg
siverson
The 9/14 event of the year now has THREE confirmed! This is going to be wild! smile.gif
dstudeba
Thanks for doing this, would like to come with my 914 but it died in Chula Vista yesterday and had to be towed home. Hope to meet some local folks soon.
siverson
Hi dstudeba - sorry to hear that, but... get it fixed! smile.gif

What's the issue? What happened?

-Steve

QUOTE(dstudeba @ Sep 13 2022, 09:56 PM) *

Thanks for doing this, would like to come with my 914 but it died in Chula Vista yesterday and had to be towed home. Hope to meet some local folks soon.

siverson
Happy 9/14 everyone!
eric9144
Would attend but still waiting for full cure on the driveway leading to the 914 garage dry.gif
Have fun all! Happy 9/14
dstudeba
QUOTE(siverson @ Sep 14 2022, 07:40 AM) *

Hi dstudeba - sorry to hear that, but... get it fixed! smile.gif

What's the issue? What happened?

-Steve

Drove from IB to downtown with no problem. An hour later drove back down south and it stalled out at a stoplight in CV on the way to get a new battery for my son's car. Tried to start it up and nothing. Lights come on, fuel pump comes on, no clicking from the starter. Going to spend some time with the multimeter tracing lines and cleaning stuff up when my garage gets a little cooler.
siverson
Front yard mechanic
Something magical about an orange 914 chowtime.gif
siverson
Thanks to @PVG123 and @Steve for both making the drive out. Cool group of cars and nice to chat. And was able to educate my neighbors on what 9/14 Day is!

-Steve
siverson
siverson
siverson
Evening condensation on the fiberglass hood...

-Steve
siverson
dstudeba
Very nice, thanks for the pics!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.