Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wrap vs. Paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Txbentleyboy
My '76 is showing signs of its age. I don't think the car has been hit so I would like to keep it as original as possible.

Does anyone have experience with using a wrap rather than paint?

Thank you for your input!
wonkipop
QUOTE(Txbentleyboy @ Sep 3 2022, 05:04 PM) *

My '76 is showing signs of its age. I don't think the car has been hit so I would like to keep it as original as possible.

try posting this in the garage section of the forum.
you might get a good helpful answer there.
unlikely for anyone doing wraps and stuff like that to see this question here. beerchug.gif
Txbentleyboy
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Sep 3 2022, 05:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Txbentleyboy @ Sep 3 2022, 05:04 PM) *

try posting this in the garage section of the forum.
you might get a good helpful answer there.
unlikely for anyone doing wraps and stuff like that to see this question here. beerchug.gif

Thanks!
mepstein
There’s a ton of info on wrapping a car. Just Google it or check out YouTube.
Bullethead
Haven't done it but know a couple of people who have... it's not much cheaper than paint, and the finish has to be perfect before applying the wrap. Just as with paint every surface imperfection will be visible without fastidious prep.
mepstein
Pros will charge a couple thousand but it’s something you can diy for a couple hundred.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.