Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vegas Caravan to Red Rocks Classic.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
VegasRacer
Calling Kent, @76-914 Chris, @Chris914n6 Bob, @burton73 Mike, @mxkinn01 and anybody else who might be coming through Las Vegas on the way to Salt Lake City.

I am tentatively planning to head up on Wednesday. I want to be well rested for the Party on Thursday evening.

I can roll out any time after my 9am Doctor appointment.
(I am confident I will be given the OK. Surgery went smoothly. Recovery is going well.)

Click to view attachment
Robotic Diverticulectomy
sixnotfour
Holy Moly, Had to Google it,, Rest up.. beerchug.gif
Steve
Wow!! Glad your alright and they seemed to of caught it in time. I also never heard of this before and had to google it.
mgp4591
Damn John, take care moving around (for obvious reasons). Heal up, take care of those incisions, and we'll see you in a couple of weeks!
76-914
What in the Hell happened John? Godspeed whatever it is. I'm not going this year. I'm planning on next year though! And Rt66 of course beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
I had robotic surgery too. A few years back. Resection of my colon, 8-10" went in the trash. I was on a less than 20lb weight restriction for 8 weeks while healing up. Be careful. Happy pooping...not that long ago one was splayed open pubic to sternum, day after day in the hospital. For me, surgery on a Friday and discharged before noon on Sunday. I was told to stay out of cars as much as possible. It will itch like crazy when the pubes start growing back.
914SIXXation
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 3 2022, 11:47 PM) *

Calling Kent, @76-914 Chris, @Chris914n6 Bob, @burton73 Mike, @mxkinn01 and anybody else who might be coming through Las Vegas on the way to Salt Lake City.

I am tentatively planning to head up on Wednesday. I want to be well rested for the Party on Thursday evening.

I can roll out any time after my 9am Doctor appointment.
(I am confident I will be given the OK. Surgery went smoothly. Recovery is going well.)

Click to view attachment
Robotic Diverticulectomy

Wow, so glad you came through the surgery and on the mend. Please take plenty of time to rest and don't take any chances. Will you be going in your 914-6 or one of your air-conditioned/more comfortable Porsches?

Hope you have a great time and have no issues!

Hugs to you my friend......

Cheers,
Margie
driving-girl.gif margie_914.jpg

P.S. I hope to see everyone soon......my rebuild engine/tranny starts going into my 1970 914-6 on Tuesday!
FL000
Glad you are on the mend John.

We haven’t finalized our plans yet, but most likely will make it to Mesquite Wed and the final push Thur.
Shivers
Hopefully your first and last. Don't see any infection. Heal quick
PanelBilly
Wow. Looking forward to your story
brant
Recover well John!
brant
Recover well John!
burton73
John,
Heal my brother. We will see you in just over a week. Let me know if there is anything you need.

Bob B
Maltese Falcon
John, glad that you are on the mend ! Get strong each day...see if a pal is available to travel with you /or caravan;That would be a good idea idea.gif
Looking forward to Vegas Racer's travel pics smile.gif
number40_914.jpg
Front yard mechanic
Ow
Chris914n6
Hope you recover well my friend.

As for the caravan... I'll be lucky to leave Thursday before noon smash.gif

But at least the decision is black or white.

Or both...
IPB Image
rick 918-S
So glad things went well for you! Rest up. Using those stomach muscles to hold yourself in the seat in the Twisties may be a little exhausting.
ValcoOscar
JP

Rest, and heal up.

Keep yourself hydrated also

See ya soon

O
mxkinn01
John,
I'll probably be like Chris and leave Thursday early AM, it all depends on my better half work schedule. If she is out, then I can do a Wednesday caravan. I'll keep you posted.
I didn't know you had a laparoscopic procedure, (it sucks getting old) hope it all went well and you are better.
burton73
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 5 2022, 09:56 AM) *

So glad things went well for you! Rest up. Using those stomach muscles to hold yourself in the seat in the Twisties may be a little exhausting.

One of the best parts of 66 with John, DONKIE Run.

Bob B
Click to view attachment
burton73
double
914-300Hemi
Glad to hear tha the surgery went well and you are recovering.
We are planning on leaving LA early on Thursday.
Elvira
Thank you all so very much for your concerns and well wishes. I am eating healthy, hydrating and resting. Quit the pain medication but not sleeping soundly. Have a doctor appointment tomorrow. A short drive in the Cayman was no problem. Still planning on bringing the 914 to Red Rocks. Direct run up I-15 instead of my usual extended scenic tour.

My biggest problem is coming up with a cover story to explain the scars. confused24.gif Gun shot? Knife fight? Angry hooker? Shark attack? Pamplona bull? Alien abduction?
Betty
QUOTE(Elvira @ Sep 6 2022, 05:21 PM) *

My biggest problem is coming up with a cover story to explain the scars. confused24.gif Gun shot? Knife fight? Angry hooker? Shark attack? Pamplona bull? Alien abduction?

So glad you're doing well!

As far as a good cover story - you can always just say "You should see the other guys!". That'll at least let you stall until you can come up with an entertaining story. happy11.gif

Or.... why not all six of them combined into an EPIC story?! aktion035.gif

Or, EVEN BETTER.... while we're all participating in one of the possibly many sessions of sitting around and lying about enthusiastically explaining just how incredible we all drove on the tours - we all come up with a Mad Libs version of "How JP Got His Scars"?! cheer.gif first.gif
Rand
Elvira, et al... John: Scars are ok, and you have a hell of a lot of friends.
Rand
QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 6 2022, 03:53 PM) *

Elvira, et al... John: Scars are ok, and you have a hell of a lot of friends.

We still have to fly kites, so get your ass out here. I have the best places in my back yard

Elvira
@Betty - I promised you a ride in Santa Fe at Route 66 that never happened. We need to correct that when we are in Utah.
Even better, you can take me for a spin in Elvira.
mxkinn01
QUOTE(Elvira @ Sep 6 2022, 03:21 PM) *

Thank you all so very much for your concerns and well wishes. I am eating healthy, hydrating and resting. Quit the pain medication but not sleeping soundly. Have a doctor appointment tomorrow. A short drive in the Cayman was no problem. Still planning on bringing the 914 to Red Rocks. Direct run up I-15 instead of my usual extended scenic tour.

John,
Go with the knife fight, everybody knows alien abduction involves anal probing.
914werke
I vote "angry hooker" , somehow seems more plausable. smile.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Sep 7 2022, 12:46 PM) *

John,

QUOTE(914werke @ Sep 7 2022, 12:53 PM) *

I vote "angry hooker" , somehow seems more plausable. smile.gif

How about "Knife fight with an angry hooker?"

Betty
QUOTE(Elvira @ Sep 6 2022, 05:57 PM) *

@Betty - I promised you a ride in Santa Fe at Route 66 that never happened. We need to correct that when we are in Utah.

You don't know HOW much I appreciate the offer of letting me drive her (I'm sure you don't say it to very many people)!

As unbelievably tempting as actually getting to drive Elvira is drooley.gif - I have a policy of not driving other people's cars. I don't ever want to be the cause of an issue with somebody else's car! Plus, if something were to break or happen while I was driving I wouldn't be able to handle the guilt.

But I truly appreciate your incredibly gracious offer! Besides... i'd never ever want to be accused of coming between another woman and her man. wub.gif

But I'd sure the HE double hockeysticks be down for a ride in your precious baby!!! cheer.gif aktion035.gif first.gif
worn

Hope you are doing well. It occurs to me that more than one scenario would be best. My favorite would be a well armed shark competing with you in the running of the bulls: facing defeat trying to keep up, the angry shark took it all on you. With his Glock.

You will certainly be the belle of the ball! Maybe you oughta bring the tux.
914_teener
Prayers for your healing John.

Your'e one of the good ones....Sainthood for you my brother and carry on and have fun!

" There is no normal life Wyatt...there's just life, so get on with it!".

My favorite movie.
mgp4591
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Sep 7 2022, 11:46 AM) *

John,

Hmmm....go with the knife fight with aliens because the aliens wanted to involve anal probing... very_first_smiley[1].gif
rhodyguy
The bruising, discoloration and scaring will fade away. Mine have faded away to the point they are invisible. Time....

'Hey babe, wanna see my scars?' may not work so well.
Steve

Caesarean scar aka bikini scar!! blink.gif poke.gif laugh.gif
Elvira
QUOTE(Elvira @ Sep 6 2022, 05:21 PM) *
Still planning on bringing the 914 to Red Rocks.

Went out today in Elvira for a 7 day post-op / 7 day pre-event test run and burned a couple gallons of gas on a cross-town city / highway / twisty combined route. driving.gif Entrance and egress were graceful and pain free. The lap belts comfortably rested below the incisions. The submarine strap did pinch at first. Adjusting my junk to the side resolved the discomfort. first.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Betty @ Sep 7 2022, 05:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Elvira @ Sep 6 2022, 05:57 PM) *

You don't know HOW much I appreciate the offer of letting me drive her (I'm sure you don't say it to very many people)!

As unbelievably tempting as actually getting to drive Elvira is drooley.gif - I have a policy of not driving other people's cars. I don't ever want to be the cause of an issue with somebody else's car! Plus, if something were to break or happen while I was driving I wouldn't be able to handle the guilt.

But I truly appreciate your incredibly gracious offer! Besides... i'd never ever want to be accused of coming between another woman and her man. wub.gif

But I'd sure the HE double hockeysticks be down for a ride in your precious baby!!! cheer.gif aktion035.gif first.gif

Don't be offended... she will only drive my 914 if I am physically not able to drive. And she owns half of that car!

Plus, if you give her a ride, I can take someone else as a passenger. Anyone up for a ride?

Clay
Chris914n6
I'm going to take advantage of the wisdom gained from age and flat tow my car.

Who else is departing Thursday and can drive slow? Like 145hp moving 6000 lbs slow... blink.gif

I have a morning responsibility so I likely won't head out til 9ish. So I can meet you after breakfast at 9:14 biggrin.gif

@mxkinn01
@Elvira
Elvira
I'm still planning to leave Wednesday.
Click to view attachment
mxkinn01
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Sep 9 2022, 12:48 PM) *

I'm going to take advantage of the wisdom gained from age and flat tow my car.

Who else is departing Thursday and can drive slow? Like 145hp moving 6000 lbs slow... blink.gif

I have a morning responsibility so I likely won't head out til 9ish. So I can meet you after breakfast at 9:14 biggrin.gif

@mxkinn01
@Elvira

Chris,
No wife this time so I may join John and leave Wednesday. If not I'll caravan with you.
914-300Hemi
Hi John,
We are now planning on driving to Las Vegas on Tuesday and leave early to Salt Lake City.

Ravi
Elvira
Ausgezeichnet. piratenanner.gif

Let's meet at Gaudin Porsche. (It is just down the block from my Dr. appointment.)
9 : 14. AM
mxkinn01
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Sep 9 2022, 05:08 PM) *

Hi John,
We are now planning on driving to Las Vegas on Tuesday and leave early to Salt Lake City.

Ravi

Ravi,
Where are you guys staying Wednesday night? I didn't get a room for that night, so I might just leave Vegas early Thursday morning.

Mike
914-300Hemi
We booked The hotel at the Marriott where the event is being held.
mxkinn01
John, Ravi, Chris,
The host hotel was able to add Wednesday night to my stay so I'll be rolling with you guys out of Vegas Wednesday morning.
Elvira
Excellent. beerchug.gif Now we have a real caravan.
black914.jpg red914.jpg irish914.jpg

I am staying downtown SLC at The Plaza. Sightseeing @ Art Museum, Capital and Temple Square before RRC kickoff party.Click to view attachment
mxkinn01
QUOTE(Elvira @ Sep 11 2022, 06:50 PM) *

Excellent. beerchug.gif Now we have a real caravan.
black914.jpg red914.jpg irish914.jpg

I am staying downtown SLC at The Plaza. Sightseeing @ Art Museum, Capital and Temple Square before RRC kickoff party.Click to view attachment

Let me rephrase, I'll be trailering with you guys.
Mike
Elvira
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Sep 11 2022, 09:27 PM) *

I'll be trailering with you guys.

Good show, mate. Every proper caravan needs a lorry. Trailer.jpg

Gaudin. 9:14
worn
On my way

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.