Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AIR PRESSURE Sensor - diaphram????
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
Any1 know where i can get a replacement diaphram for my air pressure sensor? Or of any1 that rebuilds them with warranty?
Bleyseng
They are made out of unobtainium which comes from some part of Iraq. This is the real reason Bush made war with Iraq, to get the last of the unobtainium on Earth!

Ray Greenwood is trying to have some made on the STF. I don't know where Beck Industries gets theirs.
I buy good MPS to get their diaphrams and calibrate them for 037's and 043's when I can.
Warranty, hmm...I live test everyone I build.

Geoff
tod914
Geoff,

do you have any contact info for Beck? Do you have 1 for sale? Jay at Part Werks said he sells rebuilds. He wasnt sure if the diaphrams are replaced are not. Or if they are calibrated. blink.gif
Brad Roberts
Geoff.. I will need 6500 reminders to bring all the MPS's I have for you to JRust event.

I keep them all in one box..so they are easy to load.

B
Bleyseng
Give them to Kevin Powers as I can't go, too busy with work lately. (for once)

Geoff

Don't worry I'll call your ass a million times before the event.

I get alot of requests for 2.0L MPS's that WORK and are set up right.
tod914
ok so i assume you presently dont have any available
garyh
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jul 25 2003, 03:53 PM)
ok so i assume you presently dont have any available

I'll get you one.

PM me for my email address; the one in my profile is having server problems.

G.
tod914
Ok Gary,

Thanks for all the help with this. I tried to email Brad but his email isnt functioning from what he said. I'll PM him regarding this.
garyh
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jul 28 2003, 04:19 AM)
I tried to email Brad but his email isnt functioning.

My 'list' email is on the same server. Wonder how many emails I've missed... huh.gif
RustyWa
Geoff,

One of these days, if you have time, I would like you to put my rebuilt MPS on the Wavetek to see what it's doing. Just to see if it's within specs. If you remember, my MPS is an 037 unit with screws instead of rivets, car is a '75. Epoxy plug is still intact.

I pulled 20" of vacuum on it and it held for 20 minutes, so the diaphram is in good shape.
Bleyseng
Probably set too rich if its 037 is my guess, because you have the orginal ECU too. Way better than too lean.

Geoff
RustyWa
But if it's a rebuilt...aren't all bets off for what its calibrated at?
Bleyseng
Yeah, if its a Beck job it is set up for a 1.7L which is too lean. They use funny diaphrams and steel cells too. They also paint them bright silver.

Geoff
ChrisReale
Do you guys mean Brett, not Beck confused24.gif
JeffBowlsby
Actually, its Bret Instruments....
Bleyseng
Ah heck, whatever
RustyWa
Are there any other tell-tale signs of a Bret rebuild? Mine is not bright silver...but it could have been at one time I guess.
MarkV
Does it look like this?
Demick
Brett puts a Brett Instruments sticker on it when they rebuild them, but that could be long gone too.....

Demick
RustyWa
That looks like epoxy being used to keep that screw from backing out? Mine has what looks like a dollop of paint holding the smaller screws in. I do have the epoxy over the adjustment plug.
Demick
The epoxy is mainly there as an indication of whether the unit has been tampered with. On the plug, it also serves to keep it from moving.

Demick
ChrisReale
RustyWa, if you still have an 037 unit with the plug and if it holds a vacuum, let Geoff take some readings from it. The 037 is the most rare of the MPS's and finding a unmolested unit that still holds a vacuum is hard to come by.
RustyWa
Chris,

The only problem is that my MPS has screws instead of the rivets...so I'm guessing it's a rebuilt. I would like to get numbers from it just to know where it's at.
MarkV
I think the MPS in the photo I posted is a Brett rebuild. This is what the readings are on it. The certificate shows that it has a leak, turns out it was a bad vacuum pump.
RustyWa
Interesting...

On the inductance graph...It seems to be showing your rebuilt 043 MPS follows pretty closely to an unmolested 043 MPS...but your numbers are slightly different. Does this mean your MPS is running to the rich side or the lean side? Or is it so damn close to a good MPS that it really doesn't matter?
MarkV
I think it is running lean. icon8.gif
Bleyseng
The smaller the numbers the leaner it is, the higher the numbers the richer it is.
Almost all of the MPS's have at idle the value of .71, the 037's are the odd balls.

Geoff
RustyWa
I'm surprised my engine has not burned up.

I recently got a used Wavetek 27XT DMM that can also test inductance. I thought I would check out my MPS, to see where it's at. My MPS looks to be a rebuilt 037 unit.

Testing the secondary coils, my MPS appears to be WAY LEAN. I'm hoping that my meter just needs calibration. I was on the 20H range

0 in. Hg = 1.01H
5 in. Hg = 0.84H
15 in. Hg = 0.64H

Here's my graph..
Bleyseng
Your 037 should read:
0hg-1.54
4hg-1.26
15hg-.80
Demick
Brad Anders suggests that the 27XT should not be used because it "lacks sufficient current drive to test this large inductance accurately". I don't know how much error it might cause in your readings. I believe that Brad began his research using a 27xt, so he probably has a good idea for how far off your readings might be by using one of those meters.

Demick
RustyWa
I'll have to read his document again...the one I have printed out suggests using either the 27XT or the LCR55.
I'll check out his site again at lunch.

Yep...he does say to not use it. Well that sucks. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.