Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Lotus Elise move over!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914werke
drooley.gif While I was at MotoGP they had one of these in a booth I want one! Looks very cool (and light) I think kinda over priced though smile.gif
swood
"The Movie" was linked here a while back. Awesome!

driving.gif
914werke
w00t.gif smilie_pokal.gif 1000Lbs driving-girl.gif
mistro
What's the price?
Qarl
Ariel Atom.... cool ride, but not street legal in the U.S.... yet! Plus, it is even less practicle than the Elise (not that the Elise is the slightest bit practicle).

News! Lotus will be offering a dealer installed supercharger kit for the Elise... with warranty. For about $6K.

Will increase performance from 0-60 to about 3.6 seconds.... and 1/3 mile in 12.2 seconds.

I think HP output will be 250 HP, but with much more torque in the low end (which the current Elise suffers from).

smile.gif

TonyAKAVW
You know I thought that car wasn't street legal in the US either until I saw one on the road. I guess it could still be illegal but there was a cop that drove past it, so I am not so sure. This was several months ago that I saw it. I had just finished having some fun on Mulholland Hwy, and was coming back home via Pacific Coast Highway and on the north-bound side was what was certainly an Atom.

The driver was wearing a helmet but thats about all I could make out. That topped most unusal car I'd seen on the road which had been a bright yellow Saleen S7 up in Santa Barbara.

-Tony
Mueller
The video for the Ariel is a "must" see....

A few weeks ago I saw a Saleen S7 on the road up in the San Ramon area....guy was "creeping" along at 65 in the slow lane while everyone else was doing the normal 75/80.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.