Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old dog learns a new trick
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
TheCabinetmaker
Need a new key? Don't have a code? Have only one key and don't want to be without your car for a week? I can now make you a key from a good clear picture. Same price as cut by code.
$65.00 with a new oem black key
$40.00 with a generic silver key
76-914
icon_bump.gif WOW! What a great service Curt. That has got to be as handy as a pocket on a shirt.
jim_hoyland
Wow ! That’s amazing. Congrats on making the leap. smile.gif
MM1
Well done, Sir!

Great stuff - what's next though . . .(carjacker) "Skynet" ? Don't leave your keys on the table at a party (as if)! Oh yeah - I guess we already have the "Skynet" part . . .

When I get the red one sorted, I'm in for an oem black one . . .I'll pm you.
mlindner
Yup, if you didn't see his earlier post. Thats what he did for me. Works as good as the 45 year old original. Thanks again Curt. MarkClick to view attachment
GregAmy
<reminds himself to scrub out photos of my keys along with license plates on Internet photos...>

wink.gif

beerchug.gif
mlindner
With you Greg, and since I can't lock my car I use my Kill switch and a hidden fuel pump fuse for a deterrent. Mark
TheCabinetmaker
Sending me a pic is not like posting it on the Internet. Besides thieves don't need a key to steal your car.
mlindner
And with getting a new Key from Curt he also provides the key code to use in the future. I think he also tested with wafers in a test tumbler. Correct me if I'm wrong Curt. Just a very neat process. Best, Mark
Steve
I only have a Red Key. Can you make a Black Key from a Red Key?
TheCabinetmaker
You are correct Brian.
Steve, sure.
GregAmy
When I worked for a dealership in the 80s, we had a handheld device that would "measure" the cut depth of a key and mechanically spit out a code. We'd take that code and roll it into the other handheld key cutter and hand-stamp out the keys.

I remember being amazed at how easy it was to do it.

Then we had another handheld device with a spring trigger that would "buzz" the locks while we held tension on the tumblers to get them to slightly "set" in place so we could get someone into their car after they locked themselves out.

I remember being amazed at how easy it was to do it. I used to test myself to see how quickly I could get into someone's car while mumbling to myself, "Don't look at the dogs..don't look at the dogs..." (sorry, obscure 1980s TV series reference).

I'm not worried about this. I'm just teasing.

GA
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Sep 8 2022, 09:50 AM) *

I used to test myself to see how quickly I could get into someone's car while mumbling to myself, "Don't look at the dogs..don't look at the dogs..." (sorry, obscure 1980s TV series reference).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxBNHn7p2lU
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.