Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 2.0L Engine Tin $100 OBO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jrrobertson
Click to view attachment

This is my first attempt at selling something on this site so hopefully I did it correctly. I am beginning to sell off some of my spare parts to help pay for a six restoration. More parts to follow if this works.

New price $100 plus shipping OBO.
GeorgeKopf
Are you selling the entire set of 2.0 engine tin for $200 or just that one piece?

jrrobertson
QUOTE(GeorgeKopf @ Sep 7 2022, 11:50 AM) *

Are you selling the entire set of 2.0 engine tin for $200 or just that one piece?

Click to view attachment

Just this one piece. I will also include the other side but it is a 1.7/1.8 that someone has tried to modify to a 2.0
TheCabinetmaker
Wow! 200 for one piece? Woohoo! I'm rich!
jrrobertson
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Sep 7 2022, 03:16 PM) *

Please don't make fun of me. I said I was new to this and asked a price based on info on the web and also said OBO. I thought this was a friendly place. What do you think it is worth?
jrrobertson
QUOTE(jrrobertson @ Sep 7 2022, 03:25 PM) *

Please don't make fun of me. I said I was new to this and asked a price based on info on the web and also said OBO. I thought this was a friendly place. What do you think it is worth?

I am not trying to gouge people. I was led to believe that these 2.0L parts were somewhat rare. I sold a complete 2.0L engine to another member on the site recently. It was built about 3 years ago and at that time I was having a hard time finding these pieces.

Other members, please let me know what you think this part is worth.

Although I have purchased parts from many of you, this is my first post. Please school me as to how to do it correctly.

I will be posting more parts and asking questions and I don't want to get off to a bad start.
TheCabinetmaker
Which one are you selling? The one in your first picture or the other one?
NARP74
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Sep 7 2022, 02:42 PM) *

His comments say he is selling the first one, a real 2.0 tin and will include a modified 1.7/1.8 tin for the other side in the deal for that price, OBO.
bdstone914
QUOTE(jrrobertson @ Sep 7 2022, 12:25 PM) *

@jrrobertson
Maybe $100 to the right person. The other side is the one that is needed as it gets cracked at the coil mount points.

jrrobertson
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 7 2022, 04:57 PM) *

QUOTE(jrrobertson @ Sep 7 2022, 12:25 PM) *

@jrrobertson
Maybe $100 to the right person. The other side is the one that is needed as it gets cracked at the coil mount points.

Thank you bdstone914. I have purchased parts from you, enjoyed your many comments on the 914world site and trust your judgement.

$100 is the new price.

And yes, I had to weld that piece in from a donor on my last set.
jrrobertson
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Sep 7 2022, 04:42 PM) *

Both, price reduced to $100 plus shipping.
jrrobertson
QUOTE(jrrobertson @ Sep 7 2022, 10:24 AM) *

Click to view attachment

This is my first attempt at selling something on this site so hopefully I did it correctly. I am beginning to sell off some of my spare parts to help pay for a six restoration. More parts to follow if this works.

$200 plus shipping OBO.

New price $100 plus shipping
JamesJ
Just sent PM regarding your valuation.
sixaddict
Jim is a good guy.
I feel he made it clear he was new so help out.
He can fight his own battles but since I have experience with him I felt the need to comment.
beerchug.gif
Superhawk996
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 7 2022, 04:57 PM) *

To add to what Bruce said - the passenger side tin is the more valuable of the two. The 2.0l cars seem to have gotten A/C conversions more often and the passenger side tin got hacked up to fit the compressor.

Also paint or powder coat makes a difference in pricing.

Finally - shipping is a real issue. These can be expensive to ship due to the size of the box needed. A lot depends on whether or not you have a commercial shipping account somewhere. Having recently relocated out of Michigan, the problem is that there isn’t much of a local market that bypasses the need to ship it. What is rare or hard to find in Michigan is a dime a dozen in CA.

Nice looking part though!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.