Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick question...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SpecialK
Do the spotweld bits hold up/work pretty well (eastwood kind)? Just wondering how many I should buy to drill out both suspension consoles.

Thanks!! beer.gif

Verruckt
QUOTE (Buzzard1 @ Aug 6 2005, 12:24 PM)
Do the spotweld bits hold up/work pretty well (eastwood kind)? Just wondering how many I should buy to drill out both suspension consoles.

Thanks!! beer.gif

Are you talking about the solid one? Or the one with the replaceable tips? I have the one w/ replaceable tips. I've drilled out probably about two hundred with mine, and I'm still on the first tip. I bought a second one JIC.

I think it was a worthwhile purchase.
scotty b
I regularly use the one piece type bit,. I can tell you that the "saw" type bits are PURE CRAP do not waste your money. They don't cut very well and they always will break at least one tooth causing the bit to grab
SpecialK
QUOTE (Verruckt @ Aug 6 2005, 12:36 PM)
Do the spotweld bits hold up/work pretty well (eastwood kind)?  Just wondering how many I should buy to drill out both suspension consoles.

Thanks!! beer.gif

Are you talking about the solid one? Or the one with the replaceable tips? I have the one w/ replaceable tips. I've drilled out probably about two hundred with mine, and I'm still on the first tip. I bought a second one JIC.

Must be carbide tips to last that long?

And thanks for the heads up on the one piece bits Scott!
Verruckt
QUOTE (Buzzard1 @ Aug 6 2005, 03:37 PM)
QUOTE (Verruckt @ Aug 6 2005, 12:36 PM)
Do the spotweld bits hold up/work pretty well (eastwood kind)?  Just wondering how many I should buy to drill out both suspension consoles.

Thanks!! beer.gif

Must be carbide tips to last that long?

And thanks for the heads up on the one piece bits Scott!

No, they are hss. Just don't spin them at some insane speed, and use a touch of cutting oil.
Katmanken
Don't push too hard on them- that makes them heat up and toasts the teeth.

I used a spring loaded punch in the center of the weld dimple, kept the speed down, and let the blade cutting action set the rate. Buy the reversable bit one.

Then they last a long long time...

Ken
TimT
No, they are hss. Just don't spin them at some insane speed, and use a touch of cutting oil.

agree.gif werd
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.