Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for.....windshield and frame....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Has anyone any hot rod connections? I'm looking for a window frame and glass/lexan that would be suitable for the 356 after I cut the roof off and install the roll bar.......I have seen ones that fold down and that would be cool......the CHP requires a windscreen, but gives you a nod on vintage cars and fold downs.....

Any help appreciated.
Brad Roberts
SoCal Speed.

Big fat website with lots of goodies..

www.so-calspeedshop.com

B
Joe Bob
Thanks Brad....on a slow as sin dial up in San Diego.....I get to roast my ass off at SeaWorld tomorrow,,,,,, headbang.gif
boxstr
Good idea, but most of the rod windsheilds are running @$1000. You might take a look at the 550 spyder replica windscreens.
www.spyderowners.com or chuck beck motorsports. Not sure if they sell the windshield seperate, but worth checking out.
CCLINHOTRODHELL
redshift
SeaWorld...

Tuna was so much better when it had a porpoise.

M
rick 918-S
I have one off of a MGA or a TR3 I think. I need look in the attic of my hobby shop. Not sure what condition it's in But if you think the curvature will fit the cowl I'll ship it to you. Condition will dictate price. I wouldn't accept cash. Just swap me something.
Joe Bob
Take a look, let me know.
rick 918-S
I found it. Just the frame. I'll send you a picture tonight.
fuch toy
Cool Thanks.......
rick 918-S
I was working late and forgot to email you. I'm posting the photo's here. I hope no one minds. It's just easier for my old Think Pad. The first photo shows a set of side frames used to hold the windshield up against the force of the wind.

The second is just the frame. It's two pieces. The third is a top frame you may be able to cut up and widen for a generic top of sorts.

If you stand the cowl frame piece up on the bench the frame is appoximately 3" high in the center. 45" wide at the lower corners. and 15" high on the outer sides
rick 918-S
rick 918-S
Joe Bob
OK....thanks Rich, but the dimension are off....I just ordered this.....
rick 918-S
Good choice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.