Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stainless muffler straps for the GT style brackets.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
Seeing as how I had a couple hundred of these cut and seems there is someone else dipping their toes in the water on making the brackets I figured I would offer up what was the biggest improvement to the system. Here are the stainless straps. Let me know if anyone needs any. They are designed for a 6" diameter muffler which encompasses all of them that I provided and all of them that someone else is selling now.

Here are some pictures for reference. The t bolt ones seemed to fail at a higher rate so that's what led to the straps. I use this setup on my car. Click to view attachment
mb911
This is my bracket with the t bolts for referenceClick to view attachment
mb911
And then the straps and bracket used on my 6Click to view attachment
mb911
This is an example of a stainless muffler mounted with the t bolt straps which are inferiorClick to view attachment
FlacaProductions
Hey Ben - I have your T-bolt system on one of your 2.0 single outlet - how do they fail?
PM sent
mb911
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Sep 11 2022, 11:02 AM) *

Hey Ben - I have your T-bolt system on one of your 2.0 single outlet - how do they fail?
PM sent

The T bolts are fine in most applications. I think most the failures were over tightening. But I had no control of the quality so then I had my own made..
Freezin 914
After buying your muffler, I purchased a set of clamps separately from you or Mark can’t remember. I will look into which style I have. If I have the T bolt, I would like a pair of these.
Krieger
I have the old style. It seems like I retighten them after each track event. How much for your new ones?
mb911
Let me see what the best shipping option would be. The 2 straps with no bolts( 8x40mm or 8x45mm if you like) are 9 dollars for the pair.
mlindner
Again, I have Ben entire exhaust system, bracket and his straps. PerfectClick to view attachment
nditiz1
I'm in for a backup set of straps. Currently running the T bolts, Ben's bracket, muffler, headers
Cairo94507
I would like a set with bolts too. beerchug.gif
mb911
If everyone wants bolts etc I can order them. I think I can get the whole setup out to someone with bolts including shipping for 22-24 dollars. Would that work for everyone?
Krieger
Yes, I'll take the the bolts/straps!
roundtwo
Hello- do you have a price for the whole package? Mount, straps and bolts?
Running your muffler and headers with heat exchangers ( oil tank too). Thanks. Todd
anderssj
I’m running your 2.0 quiet muffler and mount with the original T-bolts on mine too…and would like to update to the new straps. Please let me know when, where, and how much to PayPal.

Thanks!

Steve A-
mb911
QUOTE(roundtwo @ Sep 12 2022, 02:14 PM) *

Hello- do you have a price for the whole package? Mount, straps and bolts?
Running your muffler and headers with heat exchangers ( oil tank too). Thanks. Todd

Todd,

I have not had any laser cut after the pause on muffler sales. It may resume this fall.
mb911
I will PM everyone
mb911
Here is how they will come wrapped in cardboard and shipping usps.com.

I have at least 50 more left.Click to view attachment
maf914
Ben, I have your muffler with bracket and straps. I would be in for a pair of straps for backups. Thanks.

Mike
mb911
I still have some available. Let me know via PM whom wants a set
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.