Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attn: Austin - another Porsche in town.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlacaProductions
Given that I've had 2 914's, 2 944's and always preached the gospel of Porsche, I'm not sure how much of the credit or the blame I get for this...but my 17 year old nephew in Austin just did 1600 miles from Germantown, MD to bring home an 86 944 in two days.

He and his mom (my sister) flew out Friday night, made the deal and then turned n burned. Landed west of Nashville on Saturday night and got home about 930pm Sunday.

He'd never really driven a stick before, the car ran great but they drove through rain all day Saturday with sketchy wipers, a headlight motor that had to be activated manually, a dead drivers side headlight, a bit wonky fuel gauge and a few other niggles but those will make great projects. Oh - an expired tag, too....

Now the fun really starts.

Click to view attachment
76-914
Nice looking car. He'll receive his honorary EE degree once it's sorted. beerchug.gif
914Sixer
Wow, great to see another young man on the right path to fun. aktion035.gif
stinkindiesel
We're always happy to welcome another Porsche to the Austin area.

I have fond memories of starting my 944 at a gas station in south Austin and watching one headlight pop up and the cabin filling with smoke as the unfused headlight motor circuit melted the entire wiring harness through the firewall into slag...

Gary
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.