Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Blond is Back!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Red-Beard
A Super Big thanks to David Lee (dlee1967) for coming over and "helping" (he did almost all of the work, as I located the parts, etc) smilie_pokal.gif David really know's his stuff. He has 2 V8 conversions, one even for his wife!

New Clutch, fly-wheel re-installed, tranny re-install and changed out the muffler back to the sport muffler. Hook everything back up.

Oh yeah, and I filled the oil tank...which was full....thought I drained that thing...what a mess! Had to drain the engine case twice then power wash the engine and headers to get it to pretty much quit smoking. headbang.gif

The main thing left: replace the accellerator pump diaphragms, whic are leaking....and I should pull the oil tank and change the freaking oil line!

Thanks again! I owe you several beers or beverages of your choice! beerchug.gif
dlee1967
James, you are welcome. It's always a good feeling when you help a friend get his project back on the road. What a super 914-6.

I wasn't going to mention the oil spill. Your secret was safe. At least now I don't feel so bad about the few drops my car left behind on that spotless driveway.

Give me a ring if you need another pair of hands to get anything else ready for the MUSR. If you get the oil lines and the carbs sorted, we can tackle that sway bar.

driving.gif DLee
SLITS
Hey uh James.....in Houston they just shoot speeders on the spot. ar15.gif No roadside kangroo court like Baja.
redshift
Wow! I have been in one of those Baja courts... -shiver-

M
Red-Beard
Margarita is my good luck charm. Last time we were in court in Tijuana, she talked the judge down to 44 pesos (about $4 US) from a $50 ticket...

Joseph Mills
QUOTE (dlee1967 @ Aug 6 2005, 05:16 PM)
It's always a good feeling when you help a friend get his project back on the road.
Give me a ring if you need another pair of hands to get anything else ready for the MUSR.

DLee & James,

Are both of you attending the MUSR? If you are, and haven't registered yet, please do so! We want to make sure there are T-shirts for everyone. rolleyes.gif

Red-Beard
Well, I attacked the other major problem with the Blond. I replaced the webers with Zenith carbs, which had been modified and tuned to run a 2.7 RS (read a 2.7 engine with real S cams). They worked great, but they leaked gas out the accelator pumps. I pulled the carbs off (well sort of) and changed out the diaphragms.

No leaks! No leaking gas in the engine bay! Woo Hoo! I'm driving it to work tomorrow!

burnout.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.