Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Better Bodies kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Borisb
Does anyone have any pictures of the Better bodies kit for the 914 that has been completed?
I am interested to know how they looked, but I cannot find any pictures anywhere of a completed one.
Thanks
SirAndy
welcome.png

There's probably a reason why you can find any pictures ...
Borisb
What would that reason be? I do not know this company but saw the kit and would like to see one on a car.
mepstein
They are popular for 356’s.
vintagethunder
https://www.kitcarlist.com/porsche-kits.html
SirAndy
https://www.betterbodiesmotorsport.com/

See if you can spot the spelling error ...
rolleyes.gif
Bullethead
"To" much inventory... none of which is for the 914. Does the OP have a line on an uninstalled kit?
mgarrison
Address comes up as "Sushi Jj", but then has a warning "this business may not exist...". sheeplove.gif

Smells all wrong to me!
SirAndy
QUOTE(mgarrison @ Sep 19 2022, 09:51 AM) *

Address comes up as "Sushi Jj", but then has a warning "this business may not exist...". sheeplove.gif

Smells all wrong to me!

They have a 911 poster in the window, so it must be true (right next to the income tax services sign).
rolleyes.gif

PS: That is the address of their "Show Room"
unsure.gif

Click to view attachment
mgarrison
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 19 2022, 10:06 AM) *

QUOTE(mgarrison @ Sep 19 2022, 09:51 AM) *

Smells all wrong to me!

They have a 911 poster in the window, so it must be true (right next to the income tax services sign).
rolleyes.gif

PS: That is the address of their "Show Room"
unsure.gif

Me thinks we are a bit jaded...I thought it was just me! type.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(mgarrison @ Sep 19 2022, 10:29 AM) *
Me thinks we are a bit jaded...I thought it was just me! type.gif

Probably right. Here's a pic of their shop behind the building.
popcorn[1].gif

Click to view attachment
Borisb
Thank you to all who offered their input. The link that Vintage thunder posted is the only picture I have seen of this kit.
I purchased this kit several years ago as the 914 I purchased had front end damage so this kit would have resolved these issues.
When I asked Better Bodies for more pictures they told me that what they had was corrupted on the computer, or the moulds were damaged and they had no other shots of the finished product, I can't recall now the specifics.
The car in the link has also had the targa bar removed, which I was skeptical of doing.
When I received the kit and started to fit it I had some doubts as to how it would look, which is why I wanted to see any other pictures first.
I did see someone who had this kit on their avatar so I sent him a PM, but had no answer. His car retained the targa bar and looked good from what I could see.
I remember him stating that after he bonded the panels on to the car they started to crack as they were fiberglass. This makes sense and I thought that perhaps making the panels in metal would be the way to go.
I would like to see how this car looks before I go too far, and may not even use this kit, but I would like to see one completed before I decide.
Better Bodies does not list these now, but they did tell me that the one I purchased was the last one they had, and they were not going to build more. I had wondered if that was just a sales line at the time to get me to purchase the product but it appears they really are no longer available and from what it seems not a big selling item as I cannot find pictures anywhere, which is the reason for the whole thread.
Chris914n6
I've been there back in ~2000 -- looks exactly the same.

That location is a store front & retail area. The manufacturing etc is done in Mexico.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.