Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gopack
Well I am moving again. this time I am having the moving company move the jack stand queen, sooo I decide I need to reassemble it a little more. I figure if I put the calipers on the rear, and hook up the parking brake I should be able to have parking brakes for inside the moving van, right? Well it looks like the parking brakes are hydraulic, and I can't figure out a way to use them to keep the car stationary while in transit. I am afraid the driver of the moving company truck will say NO WAY when he sees the car and has to try to get it in the truck and keep it in one place inside!

Any suggestions? I need to have it done this weekend!

more info you might want..... the car is bare: just suspension and wheels, and now rear calipers. I have the engine and tranny in, but I'm not sure if I hooked up the driveshafts, if I could even get the shift linkage in a state to use the tranny and engine to keep it put.

By the way, moving to Madison Wisconsin! any teeners in the area?
Mueller
the parking brake is mechanical, but you have to adjust the "venting" clearance between the pad and the rotor.

When you pull on the handle, does the inner pad move out?

You might have to "cheat" and put something in between the pad and piston if your pads are worn too much and if you cannot adjust the clearance with the allen screw.

Mueller
I'd still put blocks in front and behind the tires...if you have a portable air compressor or tank, you could always deflat a few tires to make it harder for the car to move inside the truck
gopack
I have newish looking pads, and I had to adjust the venting clearence to get the calipers ON...new disks, and old calipers. no movement at all on the inner pad when I pull the handle. I have to adjust the inner allen ? I suppose I have to take the cap off from through the trailing arm and adjust the ventig clearence/? what way do I turn it etc. also the outside adjuster? how does that work. and do I need to do it too?
gopack
I thought about flatting the tires too! I'm just worried because I won't be there when they load, and I don't want the driver to say no way, and leave me screwed!
gopack
THe inner adjuster spins, but nothing seems to happen brake pad wise. what am i doing wrong?
gopack
icon_bump.gif

PLEASE HELP ME!
Dave_Darling
Have you checked the brake pad replacement article on the Bird site? It talks about adjusting the venting clerance...

--DD
gopack
Thanks Dave I am all over that!
been so long since i worked on this thing, I forgot all about that source of info!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.