Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hope the driver is OK
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pursang
Yesterday (9/14!!!) I received a text message from a friend. He was driving northbound on OR-43 between Lake Oswego and Portland's Sellwood bridge and spotted a 914 that had been traveling northbound and crashed into a light pole. The car was burned to a barely identifiable hulk. First, I hope the driver was not injured. Second, I hope it was not a member of this group.

Sorry to report on the loss of another 914, ironically on that date to boot.
FRUNKenstein
Well, perhaps ironic, but not unexpected when you consider everyone had their cars out and on the road yesterday. So, a higher probability of one being in an accident.

Prayers for the driver.
Mikey914
Pretty sure that was the one on Facebook.
Pursang
Since I don't belong to Facebook, is there another referencing thread here in the "garage" or could you post or send me the details? Might be someone that I have met at an event. Thanks.
siverson
I just joined the Facebook group... Hmmmm... Like a different 914 world over there (pun intended).

-Steve
siverson
I just joined the Facebook group... Hmmmm... Like a different 914 world over there (pun intended).

-Steve
siverson
siverson
ValcoOscar
Electrical short?

Hope occupants got out

Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
The back end is rather unique looking.
rick 918-S
That car has been posted here on the forum at some point. Someone will remember it.
SirAndy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 16 2022, 10:59 AM) *

That car has been posted here on the forum at some point. Someone will remember it.

agree.gif

Some guy who modified at least two of them, if not more.
idea.gif
Superhawk996
EV conversion? Seems to be a big bundle of red wiring and engine not visible in engine bay?

sportlicherFahrer
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Sep 16 2022, 11:56 AM) *

EV conversion? Seems to be a big bundle of red wiring and engine not visible in engine bay?

Comments on FB identified the cables as jumpers. There was also another picture showing this was running a 2.0 D-jet injection setup. In the shot of the driver's side, you can kind of make out the top of the airbox.
emerygt350
I don't see an engine at all. Insurance job? They would see right through a missing engine though.
friethmiller
IPB Image
Pursang
Thanks everyone. Looks as if the only injuries would have been to pride and wallet. Sorry for the owner's loss.
914SIXXation
QUOTE(Pursang @ Sep 16 2022, 03:59 PM) *

Thanks everyone. Looks as if the only injuries would have been to pride and wallet. Sorry for the owner's loss.

So terribly sorry to see this..... I hope the driver wasn't injured.

Safe driving everyone!

Margie driving-girl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.