Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wow how it shifts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messix
just went for a little test drive after puttin in a new rebuilt tranny and the koni reds that i bought from mr kelly.
never new the shifter could feel so tight and firm [sub. in some alt. words here and this might sound like a penthouse forum story] and the reds ... oh my god these are so hard, now i'll have to get the fronts to match.
i know they are adustable so i'll have to take them apart and turn them down a little softer.

and thank you guys who helped my in my hour of need while i was stuck trying to take the tranny out without removing the engine too. it is possiable but you need some one to work the other end of the nut or bolt from the top while the other person is stuffed up the under side trying to reach on top of the tranny and starter.

thank again guys
Joe Ricard
Het that makes 2 of us with new Transaxles. Just went for a test ride with my rebuilt transaxle from junk parts. Flipped ZD in the 3rd gear spot. Whoa Nelly this thing is a rocket to 60 MPH where it hits the 5800 rev limit. Autocross is next Sunday so it should be fun.

I did this with the engine in in the car. No biggy I just stuck the bolt in from the starter side and threaded it nice and easy.

I pulled the clutch just out of curiousity It is surviving very nicely with over 23 Autocross events on this power train and half of them are 2 driver days. Guessing over 200 runs. and 10,000 miles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.