Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB partial 75 2.0 wiring harness / ignition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Graydingo
Previous owner went nuts in my 75 2.0 ignition harness cutting all the wires that plug into the key/ignition. So I'm looking for the 6 wires complete, full length coming out of the black plastic plug that plugs into the back of the column ignition switch.

Click to view attachment

I also need this yellow with red stripe wire complete that seems to run the length of the harness.

Click to view attachment

I'd like soft pliable wires and will consider full used OEM harnesses for the right price.

Thanks in advance!
Duane
914Sixer
I might be able to help. Will have to do deep dive to see what I have.
Graydingo
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 16 2022, 05:42 AM) *

I might be able to help. Will have to do deep dive to see what I have.

Mark,

That'd be awesome! I can also take a core harness, and carefully remove the wires I need and ship you back the remaining harness. If you're like me, it's great to have OEM Porsche wires as extras in order to stay consistent with the wire colors and sizes if you ever need replacements.

I'd say most of my harness is in great shape, aside from the ignition cuts.

It seems the keyed ignition broke, then the previous owner cut the harness at the column, wired in a push start button, AND cut 3 or 4 wires smack dab in the center (by the console aft of the shifter) so that he could run a series of switches for the ignition.

beerchug.gif

bdstone914
@Graydingo
Be aware that the wires on the 76-76 are unique. Suggest a closeup shot of what you are tring to match. Had to slpice in an ignition plug and a 75 and the wires on the plug did not match any wire siaegram i had.
Graydingo
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 16 2022, 06:26 PM) *

@Graydingo
Be aware that the wires on the 76-76 are unique. Suggest a closeup shot of what you are tring to match. Had to slpice in an ignition plug and a 75 and the wires on the plug did not match any wire siaegram i had.

Thanks Bruce, I appreciate the heads up.

Looks like there are quite a few issues in this harness. It's going to take some serious work to turn it around, but I think I can do it.

I have a 75 diagram from prospero's garage (Large laminated card) that I'm using and so far it seems to match up.

Ideal solution would be to find another 75 harness for a good price and combine the two.
TonyR
PM sent
914Sixer
This is what i found. Has about 2 ft of wire. Think I saw a couple feet of the yellow with red stripe. Not seeing yellow wire coming out of your harness, was it cut off?
markhoward
Let me know if you still need this. Have a 75 harness that has been cut. Has the 6 wire plug intact but the yellow wire has been spliced into. Seems like an easy fix to bring back to original.
Graydingo
Everyone, thank you so much! I've got a full 76 harness coming thanks to the board.

914sixer: Yes! The yellow wire was completely taken out of the ignition plug!

I inspected the harness over the weekend from the interior fuse panel back and wow, it's much worse than I thought. I need way more than the ignition sadly.

Multiple exposed wires, and two areas where a hot fused with a ground and fully melted both wires.

There are probably 30 cut wires in this thing.

Having said that I extracted the full 75 EGR and CAT harness from the counter, to the dash lights all the way back to the pin connector in the engine bay. If for some reason some one needs this harness to go back to EGR and CAT setup.

The EGR counter and the Cat are actually connected in the same harness.

Click to view attachment

Again, thank you to Sixer and Mark for pulling stuff out and posting a pic, you guys rock.

914Sixer
In the past owners of late cars used the cat wiring to hook up a rear fog light since it was unused in the main harness.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.