Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stock 17mm brake master cylinder -
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
theer
Fellas,

I’ve scoured the interwebs for a stock 17mm MC. Loads of listings, but everyone appears to be out of stock. Have these been discontinued?

Anyone know where to get one relatively quickly? Decent used would be fine. Alternately, anyone know of another similar sized (5/8”, 11/16” bore) Tilton, Wilwood (or whatever), which mounts to our pedal box?

I know all about the 19mm MC from the 911- this quest is to reduce the pedal hardness back to stock.

Thanks!
Tom
914Sixer
They have been NLA for at least 10+ years. They appear from time to time.
Mikey914
No one is currently making them.
We made the 19 as it was more comnercially viable as it has 911 application too.

You can look for rebuild kits they show up from time to time also.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(theer @ Sep 17 2022, 09:48 AM) *

I know all about the 19mm MC from the 911- this quest is to reduce the pedal hardness back to stock

cheer.gif

You’re on the right track.

The engineers knew what they were doing when the system was designed with a 17mm master cylinder.

Over time, the mythology takes over that the 19mm is somehow magical and better. . All it does is reduce pedal travel at the expense of increased pedal effort. There is no free lunch.

I suspect everyone simply started pushing the 19mm m/c because that is all that they could get. Thus everyone began selling it as an “upgrade”. barf.gif

Keep looking - they can be found. As stated, rebuild kits can be found from time to time. I just found a 17mm NOS rebuild kit on Etsy of all places. Not in my hands yet but can’t wait to see if it is legit.
914Sixer
I am setting on a NOS one , NOT for sale though.
904svo
Check with George at Auto Atlantic he had some new ones in stock.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.