Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 911 alloy cross member that attaches to steering rack
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
nditiz1
Anyone have one sitting in on the shelf?
Freezin 914
I have the cross member that the A arms bolt to.
nditiz1
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Sep 18 2022, 05:17 PM) *

I have the cross member that the A arms bolt to.

PMd you
Van B
@nditiz1 do you mind schooling me on this part? Is it an aluminum version that fits up the same? I suddenly feel like I need this in my life lol!
Steve
QUOTE(Van B @ Sep 18 2022, 09:04 PM) *

@nditiz1 do you mind schooling me on this part? Is it an aluminum version that fits up the same? I suddenly feel like I need this in my life lol!

I'm not nditiz1, but Yes, the A-Arms bolt up to the later 911 aluminum cross member, but you will also need the later 911 steering rack cover which does not fit very well. There are also special braces that are external to the cross member versus the 914 cross member has them welded on the cross member. Aluminum is lighter, but some say it flexes on the track. If your doing a six swap with a later engine, it does have the bolt holes for a fuel pump. It also makes it easier to add a hydraulic clutch or add a brace for your current master cylinder. You can also install a sway bar under the car versus in the car under the gas tank. If you don't need these mods, then don't waste your money or time.
nditiz1
Yes - sorry this is not an upgrade for my 914, it is to replace a bent one on my 911 coupe.
mepstein
Nick- still looking. I haven’t had time to stop at the barn. Probably tomorrow. Mark
nditiz1
Thanks Mark!
Freezin 914
Here is the one I have, I would finish removing parts and clean it before it would go out.
nditiz1
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Sep 20 2022, 02:17 PM) *

Here is the one I have, I would finish removing parts and clean it before it would go out.

Thanks Lance, you're an ace.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.