Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: early D-Jet distributor, air box bracket, L-Jet ECU (1974?)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
theer
Cleaning up the garage… here are a few early d-jet parts from my low mileage 1970, which didn’t survive. I used the motor, but converted to carbs 30 years ago- hoping someone can use these: $100 takes it all (plus shipping):

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Thanks,
Tom

Edit: turns out the ECU is L-Jet, most likely from a ‘74 based on the “G” at the end. No idea how I came to possess this! Free for price of shipping.
theer
Bump.
mgphoto
QUOTE(theer @ Sep 18 2022, 02:56 PM) *

Cleaning up the garage… here are a few early d-jet parts from my low mileage 1970, which didn’t survive. I used the motor, but converted to carbs 30 years ago- hoping someone can use these: $100 takes it all (plus shipping):

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Thanks,
Tom

FYI that is an L-Jet ECU not a ‘70 D-Jet.
bdstone914
@theer

I think the distributor is L jet too. I dont see any trigger points.
theer
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 26 2022, 06:51 PM) *

@theer

I think the distributor is L jet too. I dont see any trigger points.

Hmmm- Having had carbs from the beginning, I never was sure which was which re: D-Jet vs L-Jet. Doesn’t the part number tell you? Anyway, here’s a picture of the other side showing the trigger points:

Click to view attachment
theer
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Sep 25 2022, 09:28 PM) *

@mgphoto

I’m curious why you believe that’s an L-Jet ECU. What’s the difference? I’ve only ever owned one complete 914 and it was a 1970 and as far I remember, this was the ECU.

Thanks!
Tom
mgphoto
QUOTE(theer @ Sep 26 2022, 07:57 PM) *

@mgphoto

I’m curious why you believe that’s an L-Jet ECU. What’s the difference? I’ve only ever owned one complete 914 and it was a 1970 and as far I remember, this was the ECU.

Thanks!
Tom

L-Jet box is a small square, D-Jet are all large rectangles.
Look for a part number on the case.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Sep 26 2022, 10:49 PM) *

QUOTE(theer @ Sep 26 2022, 07:57 PM) *

@mgphoto

Thanks!
Tom

L-Jet box is a small square, D-Jet are all large rectangles.
Look for a part number on the case.

The D-Jet ECU has a sliding plastic cover over one end where the wiring goes in. The L-Jet ECU uses a connector that has the metal tab to release it. This is definitely an L-Jet ECU.

Clay
theer
Edited listing- No part number on the case that I can find, but the G at the end on the sticker, makes it most likely from a ‘74 (L-Jet).

@mgphoto
Thanks for pointing that out.
rick_cv
I will take the ECU. PM sent. Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.