Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75/76 license plate lights harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
davep
So, neither harness I have for the 75 has the sub-harness for the rear license lights and I need to create one. Can anyone provide measurements for the lengths of the wires from the connector in the trunk to the first light, and from there to the second light please.
Click to view attachment
76-914
QUOTE(davep @ Sep 21 2022, 11:36 AM) *

So, neither harness I have for the 75 has the sub-harness for the rear license lights and I need to create one. Can anyone provide measurements for the lengths of the wires from the connector in the trunk to the first light, and from there to the second light please.
Click to view attachment

I just so happen to have mine stripped down and can measure those lengths easily. BRB w/ measurements.
davep
popcorn[1].gif pray.gif
76-914
The red covered wires were added by me because I got tired of fighting with the short leads. The end to end measure there is correct.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
davep
So is it fair to say the length of the wires from the connector in the trunk to the first light (red wires) would be about 35.75" and from there to the second light 33.5"
JeffBowlsby
Dave, I can fab one of these up for you if you want me to. I have a factory harness that I can copy. Its $74+ shipping, PN 914.612.085.00 as indicated on my site.

LMK.
76-914
QUOTE(davep @ Sep 21 2022, 04:17 PM) *

So is it fair to say the length of the wires from the connector in the trunk to the first light (red wires) would be about 35.75" and from there to the second light 33.5"

Yes but I would make one leg longer (maybe not as drastic as my extension laugh.gif ) or it is a PITA to remove & install the bulb holder. beerchug.gif
Graydingo
I'm parting out my 75 harness as a ton of wires were cut. I'm willing to sell bits and pieces out of it that were unharmed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.