Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I hate FedEx!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
The rest of my 914 parts and the Westy parts were to be delivered on Friday from Jake.

I am home early for once cuz it was hot in Seattle soo about 6 oclock I check into the FedEx site for tracking the package. See the stupid note on the site that they tried to deliver at 4:19PM. Yeah, right since I was washing the cars outside from 4PM to 5PM just to be around IF they showed up. assholes were probably running late on their route so they skipped me and my 45lbs package.

Gotta request shipping by UPS cuz they will drop off anything at the back door.

I hate FED EX!!!!!
I am sure they will "attempt" to deliver on Monday BUT I will have to drive down to the wharehouse like effin always to pick up my effin package......
another weekend shot to hell cuz I gots no parts..

rant over!

Oh, they did swing by and drop off a small package for Monique on Friday in the morning.
Joe Bob
S'ok....soon as UPS fuchs up you will have be FedUpped....

They all suck, it's the morons/monkeys they hire. My trans that went to Redbeard got toasted BOTH ways. They tried the inadquate packing line on us....one was packed BY THEM....the other showed up in a box that wasn't used by the sender....they repacked it after it got damaged and stuck the shipping label on it and sent it on it's way....
RustyWa
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Aug 6 2005, 07:41 PM)
See the stupid note on the site that they tried to deliver at 4:19PM. Yeah, right since I was washing the cars outside from 4PM to 5PM just to be around IF they showed up. assholes were probably running late on their route so they skipped me and my 45lbs package.

That happened to me once also. Checked the FedEx site and it said the package was delivered at noon to my work, it was like 2pm. Crap, I wasted like 1 hour looking for the damn package. Come 5pm, FedEx shows up and drops it off. What's up with that??

By the way Geoff, I still have your Janbo and flywheel in my garage. I can drop them off pretty much any weekend that is convienent for you. Or, if someone else needs the Janbo, I can just ship it off for you.

lapuwali
I've had more trouble with UPS leaving a note rather than dropping off the package than FedEx, so it's likely more a driver thing than a company thing. 80% of the time, they just drop the package on the stoop for me, which I want them to do. The other 20% of the time, I get the note, and usually have to pick the damned thing up. Doesn't matter which company is delivering it, really, but the local FedEx drivers seem to be a bit better about it than the brownshirts.
grantsfo
QUOTE (RustyWa @ Aug 6 2005, 08:40 PM)
See the stupid note on the site that they tried to deliver at 4:19PM. Yeah, right since I was washing the cars outside from 4PM to 5PM just to be around IF they showed up. assholes were probably running late on their route so they skipped me and my 45lbs package.

That happened to me once also. Checked the FedEx site and it said the package was delivered at noon to my work, it was like 2pm. Crap, I wasted like 1 hour looking for the damn package. Come 5pm, FedEx shows up and drops it off. What's up with that??

By the way Geoff, I still have your Janbo and flywheel in my garage. I can drop them off pretty much any weekend that is convienent for you. Or, if someone else needs the Janbo, I can just ship it off for you.

FedEx is notorious for putting false delivery info in their tracking system.
ArtechnikA
many years ago i filled out a FedEx form that basically waived the signature requirement. it's still in effect.

FedEx Ground is my preferred "economy" shipper.

they've all had screwups of one sort or another through the years, but the only carrier that's actually irretrievably lost a package was USPS - they actually lost a package with delivery confirmation showing it had been delivered to my PO Box.

i get mail for my "box neighbors" 3 or 4 times a month.

i hope whichever one of them got my DVD's enjoyed the show...
DNHunt
The hardest part of building crap is waiting for parts. More often than not it's my fault like a broken head stud, bunged nut, and lost ring. The waiting is hard.

I had an episode yesterday. We're getting ready to do the front main seal. I find the O-ring in the gasket set but, WTF no seals. Come to find out, they don't include main seals. That just never occurred to me. So Saturday about 1:30 I start calling around. Of course no one has them until I call Oval's in Federal Way. Yep, they got them and are open until 4. So I ask who makes em. The lady says it starts with an E and says Germany. I'm on my way. I don't know how much Type IV stuff they have but, if you're short give them a call.

I got up there and there was a swap meet (type 1 mostly) Still it's fun to look at old parts. I bought Elring seals $14 bucks for the pair met Spirited Threiber and had a great drive.

We'll finish the long block today.

Dave
rhodyguy
must be a seattle thing. unsure.gif fedex leaves stuff on my doorstep all the time. call and ask what the problem is. aren't you paying for delivery to the door? perhaps they can't figure out the house doesn't really have front door access from the street.

k
sj914
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Aug 6 2005, 08:50 PM)
QUOTE (RustyWa @ Aug 6 2005, 08:40 PM)

FedEx is notorious for putting false delivery info in their tracking system.

agree.gif Fedex seems to do that a lot and when I call to complain, they take no responsibility to make things right like call the delivery station and get the driver to actually deliver it.
Bleyseng
I even had a note on the door posted saying forget the signing crap, just leave the package.
UPS has been here so much they laugh and greet me with "got some more of those autoparts here for you".
Fedex has no problems unless its a larger parcel for some reason so I assume its "Friday and hot" so the driver bailed.

dry.gif
Jake Raby
I got 100% away from UPS and canceled my account with them because they constantly LOSt stuff... They would never pay a claim either.

We pay extra on every shipment with Fed Ex (and don't pass it on to the customer) for deliveries to be signed for, or not dropped off!

If they dropped the stuff off and did so with no signature- I'm gonna have someone's ass! But if you had a note about the signature thing my hands will be tied.....

Geoff, I'll be in touch-

There are downfalls with both Fed EX and UPS- To date Fed Ex has been a much better company for us to use- atleast when they goof up they will pay the claim and thats good for the customer and the shipper.
redshift
UPS DOES NOT PAY INSURANCE CLAIMS, but they don't mind breaking your shit into pieces, and taking your money.

(except for elliot)

UPS, SUCK ME!

I always feel about $1 better after ranting, bout 7,000 to go.

M
Bleyseng
UPS is a good Seattle company...

My beef with Fedex is they repeatedly do this bs. Say, no one home to sign and I or Monique are there, door is open, note on the post for Fedex.
I say its the drivers are full of shit.

ohmy.gif

email me as I smashed that cellphone on Friday for fun. smash.gif smash.gif Got to get a new one soon. slap.gif hijacked.gif sheeplove.gif
redshift
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Aug 7 2005, 11:30 PM)
UPS is a good Seattle company...

My beef with Fedex is they repeatedly do this bs. Say, no one home to sign and I or Monique are there, door is open, note on the post for Fedex.
I say its the drivers are full of shit.

ohmy.gif

email me as I smashed that cellphone on Friday for fun. smash.gif smash.gif Got to get a new one soon. slap.gif hijacked.gif sheeplove.gif

Maybe UPS employees are working for Fedex?

idea.gif

WOULDN'T DOUBT IT!

laugh.gif

M
CptTripps
agree.gif with Mike Z. They all suck...when you have something lost/broken.

I've had $1,000+ claims with both FedEX and UPS...all were paid.

Here's a trick. Call the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint. You'll get a call from FedEX/UPS Management in about 5 days, and they'll make DAMN sure that you are taken care of. wink.gif
rhodyguy
everything in/from seattle is "good". the seagulls crap gold. there's a pearl in every oyster.

k
redshift
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Aug 7 2005, 11:37 PM)
agree.gif with Mike Z. They all suck...when you have something lost/broken.

I've had $1,000+ claims with both FedEX and UPS...all were paid.

Here's a trick. Call the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint. You'll get a call from FedEX/UPS Management in about 5 days, and they'll make DAMN sure that you are taken care of. wink.gif

mad.gif

Talked with BBB.

Guy (ups manager) came out, saw the damage, and offered one-tenth. If it happened today, it'd be monetarily worth the fight.

M
CptTripps
Interesting...that's NEVER failed to work for me. I just keep on them till they pay.

It also helps that I ship $80K-$100K with UPS and FedEX a month. There was a while that they weren't returning my calls, so I had the shipping department switch to strictly FedEX Ground as a replacement for 6 weeks...they paid my next claim a LOT quicker. (These are all personal claims, not business ones.)
redshift
I don't think anything has ever worked out for me.

smile.gif

(aren't you the guy who breaks down on top of a goldmine, and then finds a supermodel in the trash can?)

M
Brett W
I sent two packages to a customer, same address, same ship date everything. One shows up and the other rides around for 23 days before coming back to me with no reason given for sending it back. Someone explain that crap. At least FedEX paid teh shipping the second time.
Bleyseng
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Aug 7 2005, 08:40 PM)
everything in/from seattle is "good". the seagulls crap gold. there's a pearl in every oyster.

k

Haha, you're learning.....Kevin

We even gots hydro races like the big cities ie: Tri Cities, San Diego etc. clap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.