Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Experience (good or bad) using Blue Devil Rear Main Sealer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mjsdt914
Is there a similar product for the manual transmission?

Recommendations for other products greatly appreciated!
mgphoto
QUOTE(mjsdt914 @ Sep 23 2022, 10:30 AM) *

Is there a similar product for the manual transmission?

Recommendations for other products greatly appreciated!

Don’t know what that is, but if you intend to add that to the transmission oil I would say no.
The repair of the transmission main shaft seal is a few hours time.
I would avoid anything that goes in.
Superhawk996
None of these seal repair products are worth the time or effort. Save your money.

The only permanent fix is to replace the seal.

A bottle of magic fluid costs about the same money as to actually buy a replacement seal. screwy.gif
worn
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Sep 23 2022, 02:01 PM) *

None of these seal repair products are worth the time or effort. Save your money.

The only permanent fix is to replace the seal.

A bottle of magic fluid costs about the same money as to actually buy a replacement seal. screwy.gif

That is what I would do, but then I have rebuilt a couple 914 transmissions. Someone with fewer tools might want to avoid the work by pouring in the sauce. Besides simply a waste of money, what bad things will happen? I should add that my son is a professional car restorer and he also votes no for the snake oil fix.
bbrock
Yeah, Dropping the engine just isn't hard enough to justify a shortcut. If you don't have the tools to do this, you'll need them soon enough owning a 914 anyway. The biggest danger is, "while I'm in here, that clutch has seen better days..." beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.