Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rust free rollers... are they elusive? or all snapped up?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
I am just curious how hard is it to find rust free rollers in the desert States... or are they as elusive as hens teeth in a 23 window bus in in a pig barn... idea.gif
914e
Even in Arizona they rust. The only thing that rusts more is the 240Z to 280Z.
sixnotfour
got a few,, pm me utah..
Front yard mechanic
There’s no Rust in my pig barn only pig shi……..
930cabman
My most recent from Oregon has a low percentage of rust, but rust free 914? Does such a thing exist?
mgphoto
Southern California picked clean of any “rust free” examples more than 10 years ago.
Graydingo
Bought my rust free roller last month here in Vegas. They are still out there.
Mikey914
They exist but are not as cheap as they once were.
914Sixer
Yeah buddy, I bought one from SoCal last year.
rick 918-S
I found one here in MN all the way up at the Northern border. It was a Cal-AZ car that was trailered there in the late 90's. Sat on the trailer in a pole barn and never moved. I bought it as a donor for my 6 but I can't bring myself to cut it up now. Still looking for a rust free 70 to early 72 front clip now. Don't care about the back half. sawzall-smiley.gif BTW: Not for sale.
sb914
I lived in so cal my whole life .Just because a car is from so cal doesn’t mean it won’t rust.
If you live anywhere near the coast it WILL
rust and Corrode. Every car I’ve ever owned has rusted near the coast.
Root_Werks
They're still out there, but as already said, cost more and harder to find.

If Jeff has a clean roller in UT, I'd reach out to him. It's really not that far to ship or rent a trailer and just haul it back yourself.
nathanxnathan
In my VW and 914 experience, cars that are on the road do a lot better than those in the wrecking yard or sitting. They were/are better taken care of, less likely to have been in an accident, less owner hacks, seals more likely to be intact. Also mouse urine is not good for the bodies.

friethmiller
This thread seems so weird to me. Apparently, I can't say no to 'rusted-out sh1t-boxes'. 051103-stupid4.gif
Superhawk996
QUOTE(friethmiller @ Sep 26 2022, 02:23 PM) *

This thread seems so weird to me. Apparently, I can't say no to 'rusted-out sh1t-boxes'. 051103-stupid4.gif

agree.gif I have the same problem. I like knowing I saved one from scrap.
friethmiller
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Sep 26 2022, 01:31 PM) *

QUOTE(friethmiller @ Sep 26 2022, 02:23 PM) *

agree.gif I have the same problem. I like knowing I saved one from scrap.

@Superhawk996 - So glad I'm not the only one with issues!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.