Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Changing-out the deck lid hinges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
campbellcj
Hi All -

I've got a "better safe than sorry" type of question re. swapping out the trunk lid hinges -- looking to install a set of Oscar's drilled & plated beauties.

Is it tough to do this without hosing up the alignment/gaps? Do you do one side at a time and leave the other one in-place to hold the lid in the right position, along with a helper or two? Note I have GT style fiberglass lids which are pretty flexible and fragile though light. The springs are all removed.

Thanks!
mlindner
chris, I would make some kind of template showing position of (witness) marks from the bolts and then transfer to Oscar's hinges. I have his fronts, love them. After final fit drill a small hole (finish nail) size through both hing and and trunk mounting fixture. Then can be removed and reinstalled dead on. Best, Mark
campbellcj
Thanks a bunch @mlindner I'll give it a shot next time my son is around to help out!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.