Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody got a rebuild instructional?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GS9146Driver
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction for info on rebuilding the Bosch altenator from my "six". I have it disassembled and I am being cautious in removing the bearings. Also, does anyone know of a source for brushes?
Thx, Geo
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (GS9146Driver @ Aug 7 2005, 12:26 AM)
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction for info on rebuilding the Bosch altenator from my "six". I have it disassembled and I am being cautious in removing the bearings.

Also, does anyone know of a source for brushes?

most of us subcontract this job. this is one of the few procedures where the Clymer Manual (now available as published by "Lash International") is better. the material in that manual is essentially right out of the factory repair manual (which, of course, is also excellent...) a Haynes manual for the 911 will also have the procedures.

are you replacing the diodes, or just the bearings?

Stoddard should have the brushes -- i got a set for my '71 911 from them last year.
GS9146Driver
ArtechnikA Posted on Aug 7 2005, 05:04 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(GS9146Driver @ Aug 7 2005, 12:26 AM)
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction for info on rebuilding the Bosch altenator from my "six". I have it disassembled and I am being cautious in removing the bearings.

Also, does anyone know of a source for brushes?

most of us subcontract this job. this is one of the few procedures where the Clymer Manual (now available as published by "Lash International") is better. the material in that manual is essentially right out of the factory repair manual (which, of course, is also excellent...) a Haynes manual for the 911 will also have the procedures.

are you replacing the diodes, or just the bearings?

Stoddard should have the brushes -- i got a set for my '71 911 from them last year.

I am replacing the bearings and brushes. I may have a local shop turn down the slip rings. The alt is working fine. I just noticed that the bearings are really noisy when the shaft is spun by hand. I don't want to have the bearings sieze, loose the belt and overheat the engine.
Geo
Joe Bob
Since the alt is not the easiest to remove and replace. I prefer to do it only once....so I let my local alternator shop do it....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.