Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bob Hindson Racing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
simonjb
Was preparing my latest project for body and paint work - 1973 911S - and came across this 1983 sticker - Bob Hindson Racing - see 914 reference

BHR, Inc. was founded by Bob Hindson in May 1971 as an alternative to dealer repair and service. Bob was a factory trained Porsche technician and previously a factory team race driver for Datsun and Porsche. Bob was fundamental in the development of the “famous six” 914-6’s that were campaigned in 1970 and 1971 in the SCCA. Bob was chosen with the likes of Peter Gregg, Elliot Forbes Robinson, Richie Ginther and Alan Johnson to campaign the 914’s for Porsche. Bob’s most famous and notable achievement was back to back victories at the Daytona 24 hour in 1976 and 1977. Along with this, Bob also won 13 Divisional Championships in the SCCA. With Bob’s racing success’s BHR’s reputation for quality repair work was cemented.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
B3owulf
That’s cool!
Sprout
Very cool! The shop is still there at the same location. Had my 914 there a couple of times for different things.
Bullethead
first.gif Discoveries like that are always satisfying, great find! I had the good fortune to drive the Daytona GTU winner a few times... should have bought it! A blast to pedal.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.