Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: George Harrison had a 914 ???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
look what I've found on eBay

user posted image
Brent
Interesting.... someone other than Lief Garret!
URY914
I have a plaque that says "Built for John Voit"

laugh.gif

P
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE (URY914 @ Aug 7 2005, 03:46 AM)
I have a plaque that says "Built for Jon Voit"

laugh.gif

P

Doesn't yours say "built for John Voit"?
URY914
QUOTE (Curvie Roadlover @ Aug 7 2005, 04:53 AM)
QUOTE (URY914 @ Aug 7 2005, 03:46 AM)
I have a plaque that says "Built for Jon Voit"

laugh.gif

P

Doesn't yours say "built for John Voit"?

It does wink.gif
ArtechnikA
i once had a volleyball labelled Voit...
URY914
I'm sure Gustl has no idea what were talking about. laugh.gif

P
Part Pricer

My volleyball is named Wilson. smile.gif
JeffBowlsby
You would need more documentation than a little cheap plaque and hearsay to prove provenance and add value. I know a guy name Burt Lancaster...he is not the famous actor, but he is a real nice guy...there are lots of reasons tht plaque may exist....
Curvie Roadlover
Didn't George Harrison write a song about that car?

"While My P-car Gently Leaks"

rolleyes.gif
Gustl
QUOTE (URY914 @ Aug 7 2005, 03:12 PM)

P

I had no idea - but Mr. Google told me ... at least one possibility rolleyes.gif

http://www.rockcountryhall.com/inductee.htm

user posted image
tdgray
QUOTE (Gustl @ Aug 7 2005, 09:40 AM)
QUOTE (URY914 @ Aug 7 2005, 03:12 PM)

P

I had no idea - but Mr. Google told me ... at least one possibility rolleyes.gif

http://www.rockcountryhall.com/inductee.htm

user posted image

Close "G"

They are actually referencing a plot from the TV show Sienfeld.

Not sure if you are famliar with the show but one of the charaters buys a car that was supposedly owned by Jon Voit the actor.

Pretty funny stuff biggrin.gif

Oh and BTW... I knew I always liked George Harrison the best for some reason rolleyes.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (tdgray @ Aug 7 2005, 09:46 AM)
one of the charaters buys a car that was supposedly owned by Jon Voit the actor.

Jon Voit the actor didn't have much of an international reputation, but he was known around New York as a pretty good waiter.

the famous guy spells his name: "Jon Voight"
URY914
Voight is correct.

Everytime my wife sees a Chrysler convertible like the one in the show she says "thats a Jon Voight car".

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000685/

He was lead in the Coming Home, The Champ and Joe Buck in Midnight Cowboy and all we remember is he once owned a car on a TV show. laugh.gif

Paul
URY914
I emailed the seller and asked if there is a pencil in the glove with teeth marks on it. biggrin.gif wink.gif

P
Verruckt
QUOTE (URY914 @ Aug 7 2005, 08:14 AM)
I emailed the seller and asked if there is a pencil in the glove with teeth marks on it. biggrin.gif wink.gif

P

Maybe you could get a dentist to look at the teeth marks? That is, if you're not an anti-dentite. unsure.gif
lotus_65
i notice he was a real racing fan and owned "many" porsche's.
a guy i work with claims to know everything about the beatles. i'm gonna ask him... but he's also the biggest ass i know, so he'll prolly just snort at the question.
rhodyguy
i could see the "rust in the common areas" being pretty impressive if the car lived outdoors in maui for sometime. esp on the hana side of the island.

k
Lou W
That was a pretty funny episode, first thing I thought of when I saw this tread.
Is it true that Dentists have there own schools? laugh.gif
rhodyguy
i think they have their own schools. wink.gif

k
redshift
What's his overrated face from Pink Floyd has at least one, and a bunch of other stuff, including the stuff I really want, like a squadron of WWII prop hangers..

=|

He has been victorious... I have beeen defeated... he has many colonies, I have none.. he looks well fed, I am hungry... I am weak..

He is strong..

M. Churchill
URY914
QUOTE (URY914 @ Aug 7 2005, 06:14 AM)

P

I just got a reply to the pencil question from the seller.

His answer was, "no".

Some people just don't get it. biggrin.gif

P
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.