Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Triad West mufflerp
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
Are they still in business?
jim_hoyland
Are you looking to put one on you car?
mepstein
I don’t think he sold the company but there doesn’t seem to be much going on.
mmichalik
I'm pretty sure I purchased one of Dave's last mufflers a while back for the '75. He said at the time he was retired or just about to be.
It's a piece of art for sure though.
mb911
I was interested in picking up where he left off but just couldn't justify the price for the total units sold per year.
JamesM

QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Sep 27 2022, 10:32 AM) *

Are they still in business?

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100054666600597

No updates since November last year on his facebook page, but the last ones were that he was recovering from illness and looking to get Triad going again.

Number listed on the facebook page:
(360) 280-6855

Are you looking to put one on your car? I have one installed on my silver 2L car if you want to hear what they sound like first hand. They sound pretty mean, but also loud and and can be pretty drone-y on long drives. Been debating swapping it out for one of Bens SS mufflers that i picked up.
sixnotfour
Sept 2022post, Triaddave,
https://www.facebook.com/triaddave.ellison
sportlicherFahrer
Spoke with Dave a few weeks ago. He's done building mufflers, and is looking at a couple possibilities for someone to essentially buy the business and take over making mufflers again. Basically retired 2 years ago from doing Triad work.
mb911
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Sep 28 2022, 10:44 AM) *

Spoke with Dave a few weeks ago. He's done building mufflers, and is looking at a couple possibilities for someone to essentially buy the business and take over making mufflers again. Basically retired 2 years ago from doing Triad work.

Yup. Was hoping to figure out a deal with him.
Geezer914
I lucked out and received mine in November of 2020!
theer
Yep- me too. He put out a last batch notice for anyone who wanted one and I was lucky enough to get one for my 1.7!

Loud? Yes. Awesome- oh yeah!
Mikey914
Yes Dave makes a great muffler. I had spoken to him about 2 years ago, but he wasn't quite ready to hang up the welder.
sportlicherFahrer
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 28 2022, 01:07 PM) *

QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Sep 28 2022, 10:44 AM) *

Yup. Was hoping to figure out a deal with him.

That would have been great. I've been idly looking for a muffler that would kind of be a cross between what you both previously built. Love the sound and large tip dual-out look of the Triad, and the lightness and look of the SS you made. Wish there was a good throaty dual-out SS muffler for a sub $1k price out there for the -4's, but I haven't found one that really fits the bill.
VaccaRabite
I love the look of the triad muffler and it has the perfect spot for adding an O2 bung. But damn are they LOUD. And HEAVY.

Mine is in the shed right now, and I should probably sell it. Great product if you like loud, but that’s less and less me these days.

Zach
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Sep 29 2022, 04:06 PM) *

I love the look of the triad muffler and it has the perfect spot for adding an O2 bung. But damn are they LOUD. And HEAVY.

Mine is in the shed right now, and I should probably sell it. Great product if you like loud, but that’s less and less me these days.

Zach

Zach,
What do you want for it?

Clay
Steve
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Sep 29 2022, 02:06 PM) *

Zach

The Triad I had on my 3.2 was loud and had an ear piercing drone at around 2800 rpms. I then switched to bens single exit quiet muffler, but that was too quiet and boring for me. Keith (914toy) is running Ben's quiet muffler and loves it. It does sound great and very quiet like a stock 911 muffler, but weighs way less. I currently run an M&K 2 in 2 out muffler. Idle is not too loud, but it is obnoxious when you open up the throttle. The drone is also a low hum at 2800 rpm's, which I can live with.
mepstein
It’s really hard to get rid of all the drone (at every rpm) on a two out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.