Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vasek Polak license frames Part duex
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
user posted image

Picked these up....used to live down the street from the dealer before Vasek died and the heirs sold the shop.....now it's Pacific Porsche.

They look brand new, seller claims they were never used. Could be repros but I got a gud price....hell of a lot cheaper than the 300 bucks a set of dinged up ones went for on ebay last week....

Verruckt
Ok.. I'll bite... how much? unsure.gif
Joe Bob
$100
SLITS
A fool and his money are soon parted. So Mikee, I assume you have a bid in on the "George Harrison" 914 lol2.gif
Joe Bob
Well, depends on how ya look at it....if someone IS making repros, I doan see them flooding the market. dry.gif

"I" used money I made on repro vinyl side scripts.....
neo914-6
My sister had them on her Audi Fox she bought when she attended UCLA in the 80's. Some service shop snagged them and put their DA plates on her car.
seanery
whitey came from V/P. I used to drive by every day, occasionally they would have a race car in the front window. I almost bought a TT from them when they first came out...before the name change.
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Neo914-6 @ Aug 7 2005, 10:25 AM)
My sister had them on her Audi Fox she bought when she attended UCLA in the 80's. Some service shop snagged them and put their DA plates on her car.

I had a guy try and pull that once.....he never did THAT again.
Allan
Those are so cool. I used to drive by there all the time when I was living in the south bay.

Saw my very first 914 there.

Brand spankin new '70.
SLITS
I have a pair of underwear I've saved from my laps around Riverside with Pete Woods in the Lotus 19B and a pair from my ride around Ontario Speedway with Alan Johnson in the Mclaren Mk8......Are they worth anything for nostalgia of a bygone era....haven't washed them either.
Joe Bob
Bet yer still wearing them too.... barf.gif
redshift
QUOTE (SLITS @ Aug 7 2005, 05:39 PM)
I have a pair of underwear I've saved from my laps around Riverside with Pete Woods in the Lotus 19B and a pair from my ride around Ontario Speedway with Alan Johnson in the Mclaren Mk8......Are they worth anything for nostalgia of a bygone era....haven't washed them either.

^
|

What mike said

m
Brent
My friend has a house in Hermosa. He owns a taildragger, 13 window Bus with Safari windows and a VW truck (rabbit style). He never did want to join me in the 914 ranks.

I miss it there alot! We used to go there and check out the new deliveries from Germany back in the 90's.
-B
Joe Bob
I lived on the corner of Pier and Manhattan Ave from 79-87....fun, fun, fun.... mueba.gif
MattR
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Aug 7 2005, 10:12 PM)
I lived on the corner of Pier and Manhattan Ave from 79-87....fun, fun, fun.... mueba.gif

Isnt that the corner where all the tranny hookers used to hang out?
redshift
Yeah, til around late '86, there was an infestation.

M
bd1308
got any more license frames?
meares
LOVE your avatar, Mr. Butts!!! keep'em coming!!
Mrs. K
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Aug 7 2005, 11:12 PM)

idea.gif I lived in Hermosa on 31st and Morningside from '84 to '86

...mmmmm.....where you that guy down on the strand who.....
Nevermind! laugh.gif

Lisa mueba.gif
Joe Bob
...skated by and dropped trow and gave ya a moon?

More than likely.... wink.gif
Eric_Shea
LOVE your avatar, Mrs. K!!! keep'em coming!!
Mrs. K
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Aug 8 2005, 07:27 AM)
...skated by and dropped trow and gave ya a moon?

More than likely.... wink.gif

w00t.gif Hey so that was you! Should have rememberd those buns! bootyshake.gif

Lisa cool_shades.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Aug 8 2005, 07:44 AM)
LOVE your avatar, Mrs. K!!! keep'em coming!!

wink.gif Thanks E....I'll try and keep the collection going! laugh.gif

Lisa bootyshake.gif
ematulac
I didn't know those were collectibles. I am going to keep my eyes opened for those. I vaguely remember seeing them on someone's car ...
bd1308
those look AWESOME!!!

if anybody has one fer sale, i'd buy it.
Joe Bob
Yeah the old ones were metal...not like the crappy plastic ones you get now. The best are the old shops that are out business, like Vasek and Zipper.
bd1308
yeah man they seem real rugged and metallic looking. I hate the way people slap crap together and attempt to market it as dependable.

don't get me started on the chebby aztec.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.