Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New PMB website is up!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Hey Gang,

What started here in the classifieds over the winter break of 2004-05 has culminated into our new digs and now this, our new website:

PMB Performance

We're dedicated to building the finest brake calipers in the world and producing the finest 914's on the planet. We're also dedicated to you, the caretakers of these awesome little cars.

We still have a "TON" of products to add to the mix but, after working on it for two years I felt we just had to yank that band-aid off and get it out in the ether!!

Thank you VERY much for all of your loyal support over the last 17 years. I'm blessed to be a part of this community and I credit this community every single day. pray.gif

I could use some more eyes on this thing. Look around and text and issues you see out there to 801-304-3141

Thanks again!

E.
914e
Not connecting to server.
fixer34
It is a DNS naming issue. The link goes to www.pbmperformance.com which is NOT in DNS (at least yet)
open your browser to http://pmbperformance.com and it will work.
yellowporky
maybe a bad link
fixer34
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Sep 28 2022, 06:28 PM) *

It is a DNS naming issue. The link goes to www.pbmperformance.com which is NOT in DNS (at least yet)
open your browser to http://pmbperformance.com and it will work.

Sorry, I can't type... www.pmbperformance.com does NOT work.

use http://pmbperformance.com instead.

You must type the http:// as modern browsers 'assume' www.
nathanxnathan
It's interesting the link doesn't work above — it links to www.pmbperformance.com which comes up for me as "this site can't be reached. If I google pmbperformance.com and click through, it goes to pmbperformance.com and loads fine. I think the issue is there isn't an "A" record for the www address in your dns settings. Here's a page that talks about how to fix it.
https://superuser.com/questions/453673/some...-the-www-prefix

...possibly not the kind of feedback you're looking for...

I'm looking to get a pair of rear early 914 calipers rebuilt and clicking to that page

https://pmbperformance.com/products/early-914-rear-caliper

I get a bit confused — I want to send you my calipers to be rebuilt so I guess it doesn't matter, but above in the drop down to choose to send mine for rebuild or to send mine as cores, it says "$200 refundable core included in the price", and I see the price change. Below though for option 2 it says "WE'LL SEND YOU A SET OF CALIPERS FOR YOUR SPECIFIC VEHICLE. THE PRICE INCLUDES A $1500 CORE CHARGE THAT WILL BE REFUNDED UPON RETURN OF YOUR USABLE CORES."

It almost seems like the core charge used to be $150 and that is a typo with an extra 0? Maybe I'm dumb idk, but I don't get what the $1500 charge is.

I ordered the rear caliper rebuild, and selected to send you my cores. After payment it clicks through to where the site nav is no longer present, and no directions for where or how to send my cores. I saw on the product page something about look at shipping instructions or some such thing, which I didn't see a link to at that time. I will look for them to figure out what to do.

Also, I know there is an adjuster thing to remove and I did see the video on how to do that so that's good, but I might have missed that if I wasn't looking for it. Just a little critique on the order process. I see now I clicked on "continue shopping" from the order confirmation, which redirects to the home page and see "Core Return Form" in the home page main nav. I guess it's confusing that you lose the main nav on every page but the home page. The other pages have a sort of subnav, and you have to go back to the home page to get the main nav.

Not sure if posting here is appropriate, as you say to text, but I don't want to write an sms this long smile.gif

Eric_Shea
QUOTE(nathanxnathan @ Sep 28 2022, 05:35 PM) *

It's interesting the link doesn't work above — it links to www.pmbperformance.com which comes up for me as "this site can't be reached. If I google pmbperformance.com and click through, it goes to pmbperformance.com and loads fine. I think the issue is there isn't an "A" record for the www address in your dns settings. Here's a page that talks about how to fix it.
https://superuser.com/questions/453673/some...-the-www-prefix

...possibly not the kind of feedback you're looking for...

I'm looking to get a pair of rear early 914 calipers rebuilt and clicking to that page

https://pmbperformance.com/products/early-914-rear-caliper

I get a bit confused — I want to send you my calipers to be rebuilt so I guess it doesn't matter, but above in the drop down to choose to send mine for rebuild or to send mine as cores, it says "$200 refundable core included in the price", and I see the price change. Below though for option 2 it says "WE'LL SEND YOU A SET OF CALIPERS FOR YOUR SPECIFIC VEHICLE. THE PRICE INCLUDES A $1500 CORE CHARGE THAT WILL BE REFUNDED UPON RETURN OF YOUR USABLE CORES."

It almost seems like the core charge used to be $150 and that is a typo with an extra 0? Maybe I'm dumb idk, but I don't get what the $1500 charge is.

I ordered the rear caliper rebuild, and selected to send you my cores. After payment it clicks through to where the site nav is no longer present, and no directions for where or how to send my cores. I saw on the product page something about look at shipping instructions or some such thing, which I didn't see a link to at that time. I will look for them to figure out what to do.

Also, I know there is an adjuster thing to remove and I did see the video on how to do that so that's good, but I might have missed that if I wasn't looking for it. Just a little critique on the order process. I see now I clicked on "continue shopping" from the order confirmation, which redirects to the home page and see "Core Return Form" in the home page main nav. I guess it's confusing that you lose the main nav on every page but the home page. The other pages have a sort of subnav, and you have to go back to the home page to get the main nav.

Not sure if posting here is appropriate, as you say to text, but I don't want to write an sms this long smile.gif

All good stuff. Thank you!

I'll check that early caliper link. It sounds like their may be a 914-6 core price on that by mistake.
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(nathanxnathan @ Sep 28 2022, 05:35 PM) *

"WE'LL SEND YOU A SET OF CALIPERS FOR YOUR SPECIFIC VEHICLE. THE PRICE INCLUDES A $1500 CORE CHARGE THAT WILL BE REFUNDED UPON RETURN OF YOUR USABLE CORES."

Found it... fixed! Exactly what I'm looking for. beerchug.gif
Krieger
Ulimate M caliper upgrade. Second to last word is amazing not "mazing"

Click to view attachment
Bullethead
"Mazing"? Works for me.
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(Krieger @ Sep 28 2022, 10:07 PM) *

Ulimate M caliper upgrade. Second to last word is amazing not "mazing"

Fixed. Thanks Andy!
NARP74
Where is your merch tab? Or did I miss it, see Dave K. for advice). Do you have hats? Wanted to buy one at RRC but forgot to ask about them. You can use shopify or similar store to sell things.
lesorubcheek
A week or so ago, I found R4-S pads for front S calipers and rear vented 911 calipers. I searched the new site for "R4-S" and neither of these pad types show up. Are some items not yet linked into the site's inventory? I also looked at the 14 pages for 911 items and didn't see the pads, but could have missed them since there was so much stuff (good stuff, but lots of it). Just personal opinion here, but it'd be nice to have some hierarchy for all the parts under a car type.

Dan
eric9144
Clear the title out on the footer menu (just remove it) its redundant and displaying, visible on all pages:

Click to view attachment
eric9144
Also, this might just be me because I'm literal, but... When I use the hamburger menu
Click to view attachment
to "Shop by Vehicle" or "Shop by collections"--I get a nice sub menu navigation:
Click to view attachment
But when I click on the Headers for either it drops me on the same "Collections page"--I'd think it would be only the Vehicle selection on that menu vs the collections menu, perhaps make two different landing pages or remove the additional 'collections' from the pick your Vehicle page?
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.