Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT but Porsche: Good Gawd!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrock
Just let VW have the ID.Buzz and walk away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEO-6jckaDU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEO-6jckaDU
VaccaRabite
No, thank you.

Zach
Montreal914
WOW! lol-2.gif Even the presenters are laughing! They always seem to justify their new absurdities by name dropping their heritage cars (718, 550, RS,...) rolleyes.gif

Good thing we like our 914s, even if they aren't Porsches, because it's over. Others will say the enormous profit they do with their SUVs and other "real" (!) Porsches can finance the development of the moderns Porsche sports cars... dry.gif Where are the lightweight nimble cars?

Old man rant over.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Sep 29 2022, 09:45 AM) *

Where are the lightweight nimble cars?

They are built by Mazda....

IPB Image
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Sep 29 2022, 10:45 AM) *

You have it. The 914 was the last of the production line that would qualify for lightweight (2000 lbs or less) AND nimble.

Yeah - the new cars may be nimble - but they aren’t lightweight by any stretch of the imagination.

Superhawk996
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 29 2022, 11:00 AM) *

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Sep 29 2022, 09:45 AM) *

They are built by Mazda....

IPB Image

1st gen NA Miata was right around 2000 lbs. The new Miata’s - not so much! 2300 -2400 lbs (low end lightly optioned) only seems light by modern standards because most sports cars are now pushing 3000+ lbs barf.gif
Johny Blackstain
If I'm going to tow my 914 to a show I want this to tow it with, not an orange light bulb shades.gif
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Sep 29 2022, 11:12 AM) *

If I'm going to tow my 914 to a show I want this to tow it with, not an orange light bulb shades.gif

At least that is novel. laugh.gif

If you put a Renndienst logo on the side, we’ll then . . . It becomes authentic. Sort of like when the domestic OEM’s were constantly putting “Sport” on minivans av-943.gif
Mikey914
Jumped the shark
nathanxnathan
The original Renndienst vehicles were VW busses. They're really grasping at straws to make a precedent to justify a Porsche minivan.

Here's an ID Buzz with Renndienst Livery which I think works better for me

IPB Image
bbrock
I love the ID Buzz as much as I hate this Renndummkopf.

As for light and nimble, toward the end of the vid, the host asks which unseen concepts the designer would most like to see built. He says this one barf.gif and then mentions a 904. That got my attention.
rick 918-S
Big dog stromberg.gif icon8.gif Oh honey here is an upscale kiddy carrier for you... shades.gif screwy.gif
VaccaRabite
The ID Buzz in the same livery does not look that bad.
JamesM
QUOTE(bbrock @ Sep 29 2022, 06:23 AM) *

Just let VW have the ID.Buzz and walk away.

If only the ID.Buzz production model came out looking anything like the prototype.
I was really excited for it and holding off on buy an EV until the Buzz was in production, but now im not so sure, may wind up with an ID4 instead.

This looks better than the production Buzz but WTH is the target market here? To small to be a proper Van, to big to be a hot hatch???

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.