Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD - FS: Blaupunkt Radio - Tested Working
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
DennisV
Blaupunkt radio. Doesn’t have a label, but I am confident it is a Frankfurt. I personally pulled it from the dash of a 1974 914, which I believe it was original to. I planned to use it in our 1970 914-6, but I learned it's not correct for our car.
  • Tested working. See my bench test video.
  • Tuner knob moves the needle
  • Tuning buttons make the needle jump and can be reset
  • Volume knob switches on power light and adjusts volume
  • Defects I can see:
    -Chrome is flaking off balance knobs
    -Clear plastic is crazed a bit on the bottom edge. I only notice it at a top-down angle. Not straight on.
Pretty darn good for a radio that’s almost 50 years old.
Click to view attachment
I thought I’d give folks here a shot at it before I throw it on eBay, where people seem to be asking $500+ for tested working units. Asking $250 with USPS priority mail shipping included if you are in the US. I’m OK with PayPal, Zelle, or even personal check if you want to wait for it to clear. If you’re interested, send me a PM and I can share more photos.
from what Ive learned radios were dealer installed only. since what they installed was pretty much up to them the Frankfurt model is about as close as youre going to get.
914Sixer
Please keep in mind Ebay prices are NOT real world prices.
914werke
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 30 2022, 10:02 AM) *
Please keep in mind Ebay prices are NOT real world prices.
very diplomatic smile.gif
DC_neun_vierzehn
I'll take it PM coming your way.
DennisV
An interested party asked if this was a stereo or mono output unit. To the best of my knowledge, two banana plug style holes is indicative of mono. While still allowing you to connect two speakers.
Click to view attachment

According to a post by Vintage Blau
About 1974 these were changed to the "pin and spade" type that only allow you to insert the plug one way, thus specifying positive and negative output. Mono radios use one plug, while stereo units require two.

Hope that helps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.