Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reducing picture size for posting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
76-914
You can email the pics to yourself then adjust the size before posting. Also, Apples latest release of Monterey allows you to convert their pic's to a lower quality JPG file. beerchug.gif
DennisV
If you are on Mac OS, Preview has an easy to use mechanism for changing images sizes and gives you quite a bit of control. I believe it is the default image viewer on Mac. If you have the photo open select the following from the menu bar
Tools > Adjust size...
You'll get this window. Keep Scale proportionally checked. Depending on the level of detail you need to display, enter something like 600 for a width or height value. The other will value update automatically to maintain proportions. Setting your Resolution to 72 is usually a good choice for screen images.
Click to view attachment
sixaddict
Thanks guys….let me have my resident tech “expert” give suggestions a try.
sixaddict
So we only use I pad….Monterrey only available for I Mac
Still searching for solution
sixaddict
Got an app beer.gif
TheCabinetmaker
What is the preferred size for here?
davep
I have used IRFANVIEW for 20 years. Great for editing, resizing, color correction, and format conversion. Even can autocorrect file type if incorrect. Not much I do not use it for.
Montreal914
MS Paint: Open, resize and/or crop to remove the extra junk that is part of the picture rolleyes.gif, save or "save as" if you want to keep your original, done.

Will also solve the pictures in wrong orientation. beerchug.gif

...I know MAC are more pleasant to work with, but when it comes to using CAD like SolidWorks or NX, there is just no way...

Edit: size? I typically do about 300-400KB
drem914
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Oct 5 2022, 06:57 PM) *

MS Paint: Open, resize and/or crop to remove the extra junk that is part of the picture rolleyes.gif, save or "save as" if you want to keep your original, done.

Will also solve the pictures in wrong orientation. beerchug.gif

...I know MAC are more pleasant to work with, but when it comes to using CAD like SolidWorks or NX, there is just no way...

Edit: size? I typically do about 300-400KB

agree.gif
mmichalik
www.compressjpg.com will reduce size. You upload the file, it compresses it for you (usually about 30-40%) and then you download it.
It will compress most file types, even though the name is compressjpg.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.