Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Going out to Sears Point today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
That's right, I'm heading out to Infineon Raceway again to watch Scott Yeaman run his 914-6 in the final race this afternoon at 5:00pm with the POC group.

He has invited me to place my video camera on-board again for the footage of the entire race! cool.gif

KT
Joe Bob
Cool...say is that a cupholder I see there under the windscreen? cool_shades.gif
Trekkor
Good news, bad news...

Bad news is as I drive up I saw Scott leaving around 2:30...His race starts at 5:05 so that's not good.

I asked the other racers about him and they said he blew his transmission in the morning and left. mad.gif

The good news is I still got video.
I met a GT3 driver who let me put my camera in his car for the race.

boldblue.gif

I'll try to post some of it and some screen shots.

here's the car
Driven by John Trefethen.

KT
Trekkor
Here's more
Trekkor
914 content wink.gif

1970, original SIX, built to a 2.2S with 240HP ohmy.gif

The BIG ducktail is molded into the fenders and trunk.

unsure.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (trekkor @ Aug 7 2005, 07:47 PM)
1970, original SIX, built to a 2.2S with 240HP

did you tell him about the 914club? idea.gif

looks like a fun afternoon ...
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
i love porsche
i think thats a record for largest ducktail...

looks like lots of fun! smilie_pokal.gif
DanT
The black #90 914-6 is owned and driven by Gene Kindred, a long time GGR member and TT participant.
The car was the original Automotion 914-6 race car back in the 70s.
Gene has owned it since around '94 or so.
Was it hot at Sears?

Too bad about Scott, he and I used to run with each other at GGR TTs with our stock bodied 914-6s. He ran a fairly stock 2.0S motor and I had a 2.7 RS motor. Both of us ran 205s under stock fenders.
Scott is a great guy.

Mueller
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Aug 7 2005, 09:19 PM)
The black #90 914-6 is owned and driven by Gene Kindred, a long time GGR member and TT participant.
The car was the original Automotion 914-6 race car back in the 70s.
Gene has owned it since around '94 or so.
Was it hot at Sears?

Too bad about Scott, he and I used to run with each other at GGR TTs with our stock bodied 914-6s. He ran a fairly stock 2.0S motor and I had a 2.7 RS motor. Both of us ran 205s under stock fenders.
Scott is a great guy.

Bummer about Scott....

Dan, he still has his /6, it now has a 3.0 in it...full needle bearing suspension and a cage...it's a blast to drive, I've had it out at Thunderhill before and driven it on the street a few times...wow is all I can say smile.gif

DanT
Is that the Tangerine (blood orange ) car or the tub he converted?
Trekkor
It was 83 degrees with a nice breeze and we sat up in the shade.

I only saw one other 914. it was running in one of the DE run groups, had a Chalon kit and sounded awful.

KT
SirAndy
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Aug 7 2005, 09:42 PM)
Is that the Tangerine (blood orange ) car

yes, it is ...

me driving scotts /6 at the AX in stockton earlier this year ...

what a blast to drive that car is with the 3.0L ...
driving.gif Andy
Britain Smith
Scott blew his transmission!!

He burned up his clutch during qualifying on Sat. and ended up getting all the necessary parts (5.5" Tilton Dual Disc) to replace it Sat. night. During the morning session on Sunday, Scott had a serious issue. From my understanding, Haydens (WEVO) described it as a snapped syncro which went through the side of the transmission case...not good. Time for another transmission rebuild.

-Britain
Britain Smith
This is the car he is running now.

user posted image

Here is the Tilton clutch assembly with the ultralight WEVO flywheel.
user posted image
DanT
Wow, that is a lot better temp than it was at the GGR TT at Thunderhill. Both days over 100. UGH! sad.gif
It was over 90 at 10:30PM last nite.
Scott's orange car looks just about the same other than the cage.
has the patented Bontempi spoiler.
Too bad about his tranny problems.
Trekkor
Here's an in-car screen shot.
Overtaking the 914-6 ohmy.gif

KT
brant
from what I hear the tilton set up is amazing but rather dangerous too.

I've seen a guy put into the wall/hospital due to the clutch.

If you don't have EVERYthing adjusted perfectly you are likely to have problems. I wonder if Scott had any adjustments out of spec due to the clutch problem which would of then led to tranny problems.

(I just bought a used tilton for next years box and am a little nervous about how deadly they can be with a missed shift)

brant
eeyore
Remember the joke newsitem about the CHP boxster? It exists...
DanT
Actually the Boxster in that pic belongs to Dr. Chris Murray a long time GGR member and TT participant. It is basically a GT3 Cup Boxster. 3.4L etc...full race car.
The CHP Boxster you are referring to actually is a Car belonging to Carlsen Porsche in Redwood City Ca. It was dressed in vinyl door trim for promotional purposes at car shows etc for the CHP to use as a promotional device. The car still belongs to Carlsen. smilie_pokal.gif
The yellow 911 in 935 trim belongs to Jeff Stevenson, also a GGR member and TT participant. That car started life as a street going 911SC. It now has a 3.8L Motec injected motor with all of the go fast stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.