Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Experience Center:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_7T3
PECLA will be hosting the October 16th Morning Shift Cars & Coffee with Pop Up Headlights (914,924,928,944 & 968) being the Featured Porsches this month.

I'd like to invite the 914World Community to take part with a strong showing of 914s as the featured vehicles from 9:00am-11:00am. Cost is free and we can do a drive after up the coast after for anyone interested in the perhaps the best time of year to get out for a drive.

@robarabian , @ValcoOscar and I have been out in recent months and its been great with the 914s being very well received.

Who is in?

Meetup @ 7:20am on W Del Amo Blvd. right off the 110 FWY before the left turn onto S Main St. and roll into line together at 7:30am sharp!

Click to view attachment

We can drive up PCH and through the Canyons to Vintage Grocers in Malibu after Morning Shift for anyone that is interested. Suggested Route below.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Porsche+Exp....031168!3e0

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Photo Credit @Aircooled.Manolo
jim_hoyland
Sounds good, I’m in smile.gif
Do we want to caravan up from SEal Beach, like last time. The Ayres motel IIRC; nect to the 405 and Seal Beach Blvd
ValcoOscar
I'm IN....

beerchug.gif

drem914
What a great day!

What time in Seal Beach?

What time is the line up at PECLA?
Steve
QUOTE(drem914 @ Oct 2 2022, 10:20 PM) *

What a great day!

What time in Seal Beach?

I hope it’s mellowed out. I got there 1.5 hours early. The line was still down the street and around the corner. Gates opened at 10. It took me til 11 to get in. They were almost out of spots.
914SIXXation
QUOTE(Steve @ Oct 3 2022, 07:49 AM) *

What a great day!

What time in Seal Beach?

I hope it’s mellowed out. I got there 1.5 hours early. The line was still down the street and around the corner. Gates opened at 10. It took me til 11 to get in. They were almost out of spots.

WOW, it would be great to see a good showing of 914s at PECLA......

I definitely want to come and join my 914 buddies!!! Yippee!!!

Hey everybody, I'm supposed to get my 914-6 out of it's completed 8 month project on Wednesday or Thursday!!!! (in time to go to LUFT). Engine and tranny are in and have been started, interior pieces going back in and test drives start Tuesday/Wednesday. Fingers crossed.......

I realize it will be a really early morning for me (and hopefully the other 914s in the San Diego area attending).

Just so you know, the San Diego Region Porsche Club has a planned convoy to PECLA that day as well. I may just come up the evening prior if that works out.

Hope lots of 914ers come...... really looking forward to seeing everybody ..... with my 914-6!

Cheers,
Margie
driving-girl.gif margie_914.jpg
LS1V8Jerry
You can Count me in…
sb914
sad.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(sb914 @ Oct 3 2022, 11:16 AM) *

sad.gif

@sb914 We’ll FaceTime you!

drunk.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(Steve @ Oct 3 2022, 05:49 AM) *

What a great day!

What time in Seal Beach?

@Steve

It’s way better, been in line by 8:20am and it’s not around the corner. Parked by 9:15am.

beerchug.gif
Steve
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Oct 3 2022, 11:20 AM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Oct 3 2022, 05:49 AM) *

What a great day!

What time in Seal Beach?

@Steve

It’s way better, been in line by 8:20am and it’s not around the corner. Parked by 9:15am.

beerchug.gif

That’s great news. I went to the first one back after Covid. It was crazy.
914SIXXation
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Oct 2 2022, 05:23 PM) *

PECLA will be hosting the October 16th Morning Shift Cars & Coffee with Pop Up Headlights (914,924,928,944 & 968) being the Featured Porsches this month.

I'd like to invite the 914World Community to take part with a strong showing of 914s as the featured vehicles from 9:00am-11:00am. Cost is free and we can do a drive after up the coast after for anyone interested in the perhaps the best time of year to get out for a drive.

@robarabian , @ValcoOscar and I have been out in recent months and its been great with the 914s being very well received.

Who is in?

Click to view attachment

Photo Credit @Aircooled.Manolo

Click to view attachment

Hi Everybody .....
Still hoping to be able to attend this PECLA event that I understand will be featuring our 914s in the "pop up headlight group". Cool......

Unfortunately, my 914-6 didn't make LUFT as a few last things needed to be done and also some break-in drives. Fingers crossed I will get the car by Wednesday or Thursday.

So, just checking if there is a meet up spot and time for any 914s coming up from the south / San Diego area? Sure would be great to join up with you and be part of your group move in.

FYI, the San Diego Region Porsche Club has a planned caravan to PECLA early that morning as well but I'd like to head up north even earlier and link up with a caravan of the featured 914s and pull in as a group. (I may possibly drive-up the evening prior and get lodging.)

I'll keep watching the posts to see what comes together.......

Hope to see you on Sunday, Oct. 16!

Cheers, driving-girl.gif margie_914.jpg
Margie

914_7T3
driving.gif

Bump for Meetup Info & Directions added to Post #1

Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
If we agree, I'll meet up with SD and OC group at Ayers Hotel in Seal Beach as before.

6:45...departing to PECLA at 7:00.....We should line up before 7:30

My hall pass expires @ 11am on Sunday

Who's IN?

O
Nacho
I'm in driving.gif
Steve
I'm out of town this weekend. Have fun!! Take lots of pictures.
Robarabian
I'm in. Jeff, LMK what time to meet you in Sherman Oaks and we can caravan to the meet up location.
914Toy

Will meet up with you at Ayers Hotel.
Cairo94507
I would love to be there but a 900 miles trip is not going to happen right now- too much stuff going on. I hope you all have a great time and post a ton of pictures. @914sixxation Margie, I hope you have a great drive in your 6. beerchug.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(Robarabian @ Oct 13 2022, 07:50 AM) *

I'm in. Jeff, LMK what time to meet you in Sherman Oaks and we can caravan to the meet up location.

@Robarabian & anyone else from the north…

Whole Foods @6:45am

4520 N Sepulveda Blvd,
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
campbellcj
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Oct 13 2022, 09:04 AM) *

4520 N Sepulveda Blvd,
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

I'll join too if I can but don't wait for me! Haven't been to PECLA since the first few C&Cs they did. Not totally convinced yet my 914 or I are ready for a freeway trek of this nature...
infraredcalvin
I was supposed to be leaving for Monterey tomorrow for Velocity, but that fell through. I might be able to make this, but will need to put my muffler back on and change main jets…

A maybe for the OC meet up group…
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Oct 13 2022, 06:28 PM) *

I was supposed to be leaving for Monterey tomorrow for Velocity, but that fell through. I might be able to make this, but will need to put my muffler back on and change main jets…

Great Pat

EZ meet up

This is where we usually park

O

Click to view attachment
Robarabian

Chris,

I can come up the 23 to the 101 and we could caravan to meet Jeffrey.... safety in numbers??? All good if you're not ready though... I get it!

QUOTE(campbellcj @ Oct 13 2022, 05:39 PM) *

QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Oct 13 2022, 09:04 AM) *

4520 N Sepulveda Blvd,
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

I'll join too if I can but don't wait for me! Haven't been to PECLA since the first few C&Cs they did. Not totally convinced yet my 914 or I are ready for a freeway trek of this nature...

914-300Hemi
I’m in. Meet everyone in Seal beach. piratenanner.gif
MM1
Thanks to @Robarabian for inviting me to ride shotgun!!

Sorry I can't make it, but I am looking forward to Facetime, pics, vids et al.!
914_teener
Can Miata's attend?

This post is in memory of Slits.

Have fun.
infraredcalvin
Eh, I’m out, got muffler on and main jets changed pretty quickly, then realized I have a sticking float…. hissyfit.gif Outa time… sorry
914SIXXation
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Oct 13 2022, 09:03 PM) *

QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Oct 13 2022, 06:28 PM) *

Great Pat

EZ meet up

This is where we usually park

O

Click to view attachment

Hi Oscar,

Hey, I looking forward to meeting up with you and the others tomorrow at the Ayres Hotel in Seal Beach to caravan to PECLA.

I thought for sure I'd have my 914-6 back but unfortunately, some last minute delays in getting some parts is still holding it up. Bummer for sure....... but just need to be patient and make sure everything is done right.

So, I'll be enjoying driving my 2001 Boxster and will be ready to be directed to a non 914 display area. Then I'll come and hangout with you guys.

Looking forward to seeing everybody!

Cheers,
Margie
driving-girl.gif margie_914.jpg
jim_hoyland
What’s the weather doing Sunday; heard there may be rain overnight ???
Robarabian
As far as we can tell, it may be wet today and this evening, but dry tomorrow.. ie., no water falling but maybe some on the ground.

@914_7T3 The weather may modify the after event drive, could be rocks and junk on the canyon roads. We can assess tomorrow..

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 15 2022, 01:37 PM) *

gonzo54
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Oct 12 2022, 08:53 AM) *

If we agree, I'll meet up with SD and OC group at Ayers Hotel in Seal Beach as before.

6:45...departing to PECLA at 7:00.....We should line up before 7:30

My hall pass expires @ 11am on Sunday

Who's IN?

O

I won't be able to make the drive tomorrow but I do plan on meeting the group at the Ayres Hotel SB to say Hi and take photos-
914_7T3
QUOTE(Robarabian @ Oct 15 2022, 02:55 PM) *

As far as we can tell, it may be wet today and this evening, but dry tomorrow.. ie., no water falling but maybe some on the ground.

@914_7T3 The weather may modify the after event drive, could be rocks and junk on the canyon roads. We can assess tomorrow..

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 15 2022, 01:37 PM) *

Agreed! Weather holding for now and looks good overnight into tomorrow. We’ll see.

ValcoOscar
Bring chairs

O
siverson
Nice to see several of you!

Who has the group photo?

-Stwve
siverson
siverson
SD pca

Hmmm. Iphone 13 photos seem to big to upload…
siverson
ValcoOscar
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
Dyecanfy inside:
Robarabian
Click to view attachment
Robarabian
Click to view attachment
Robarabian
Click to view attachment

Somehow a 914, mine got Pole Position... was fun, I won't lie!
siverson
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Oct 16 2022, 11:53 AM) *

Geez. I honestly forget how tall I am.

-Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.