Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need to confirm generator bulb location?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael N
I am in the process of changing the standard bulbs in my gauges to LED bulbs. On the 914-6, the far left gauge has the generator bulb that must stay as a filament bulb to keep the charging system working properly. I want to confirm that only the bulb behind the “G”, on the far right of the gauge, is the only bulb that must stay a standard bulb for the charging system to function properly. Can someone confirm for me.

I am also not sure what the indicator light to the left of the “G” indicates. Please chime in if you know.

worn
QUOTE(Michael N @ Oct 2 2022, 08:03 PM) *

I am in the process of changing the standard bulbs in my gauges to LED bulbs. On the 914-6, the far left gauge has the generator bulb that must stay as a filament bulb to keep the charging system working properly. I want to confirm that only the bulb behind the “G”, on the far right of the gauge, is the only bulb that must stay a standard bulb for the charging system to function properly. Can someone confirm for me.

I am also not sure what the indicator light to the left of the “G” indicates. Please chime in if you know.

Oil pressure
Dave_Darling
The "G" light is the correct one for the charging system warning light.

The white circle inboard of that is a blank. In most 914s, it did nothing. In a few (approximately 25) 914-6es, it was a Sportomatic warning light of some kind. Possibly over-temperature?

--DD
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 5 2022, 04:07 AM) *

The "G" light is the correct one for the charging system warning light.

The white circle inboard of that is a blank. In most 914s, it did nothing. In a few (approximately 25) 914-6es, it was a Sportomatic warning light of some kind. Possibly over-temperature?

--DD

agree.gif with Dave, Sporto temp warning lamp.
barefoot
On my 76 with presumably stock gauge, that white (actually kinda yellow) socket gets used for gauge illumination function.
Somewhere in a place i can no longer find is a list with images of all years combo gauges which was very helpful.
GregAmy
It used to be at http://p914.com/p914_gauges.htm but that site seems to be dead.

Web Archive is not happy today, either.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.