Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carb throttle cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dumbjim
Hi group, I recently replaced my accelerator cable and I'm not able to get in my main carb circuit. I have dual webers with tangerine cable linkage and I'm not able to get out of the idle circuit. There is no slack in the cable and I'm out of ideas. Any help would be muchly appreciated.
KSCarrera
QUOTE(dumbjim @ Oct 3 2022, 04:59 PM) *

Hi group, I recently replaced my accelerator cable and I'm not able to get in my main carb circuit. I have dual webers with tangerine cable linkage and I'm not able to get out of the idle circuit. There is no slack in the cable and I'm out of ideas. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Have you checked it's not wrapped around the clutch cable in the tunnel? It's the most common problem when changing the throttle cable. If you have one, use an endoscope attachment on your iPhone to look in the tunnel from the front.
rfinegan
QUOTE(KSCarrera @ Oct 3 2022, 01:05 PM) *

QUOTE(dumbjim @ Oct 3 2022, 04:59 PM) *

Have you checked it's not wrapped around the clutch cable in the tunnel? It's the most common problem when changing the throttle cable. If you have one, use an endoscope attachment on your iPhone to look in the tunnel from the front.

Check right where the cable attaches to the cam on the pedal assembly . It likes to catch under the cam for the throttle there...
ChrisFoley
I thought of one more thing Jim.
Have someone else push on the pedal while you observe the motion in the engine compartment. You might find some other obstruction besides the things mentioned by me on the phone or by rfinegan.
campbellcj
Depending on your car/linkage there may also be cable slack adjusters near the trans pivot point or up by the carbs... Just found on my -6 conversion that I was not getting full throttle and had to re-adjust the cable as well as the pedal board stop. The car had just been through some extensive engine-out work and also got a new accelerator pedal recently and surprisingly the shop missed rechecking this.
drem914
QUOTE(dumbjim @ Oct 3 2022, 09:59 AM) *

Where did you get your linkage from? I have been trying to find Tangerine Racing on the web and their page has disappeared. Are they around?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(drem914 @ Oct 8 2022, 05:33 PM) *

QUOTE(dumbjim @ Oct 3 2022, 09:59 AM) *

Where did you get your linkage from? I have been trying to find Tangerine Racing on the web and their page has disappeared. Are they around?

I'm around
working with godaddy right now to resolve website issues they appear to have caused a couple days ago
ChrisFoley
oh, and Jim's problem turned out to be from a bent bell cank at the pedal cluster
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.