Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tags / notifications not working?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Superhawk996
I first started to notice a couple weeks ago when tagging members with a space in the username. The usual format of @ and then using “” around the name was hit or miss.

Thought it might be my iOS phone but checked on Linux desktop and it appeared the same.

Now it seems that even when tagging without a space in user name it’s hit or miss. I’m not sure if user gets the notification when username doesn’t go bold after adding the post

Anyone else seeing this?

Doh! headbang.gif user error and posted to wrong forum! Admin - please move to Garage?
Superhawk996
Example of what it looks like on my iOS device
Click to view attachment
Superhawk996
@VaccaRabite
@ClayPerrine

Both worked as expected but both are usernames without a space in them
jhynesrockmtn
I've never received any email notification from this site. Is that capability disabled?
mepstein
QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Oct 5 2022, 10:38 AM) *

I've never received any email notification from this site. Is that capability disabled?

Recently, yes. Sir Andy had to adjust/disable it, due to spammers.
Superhawk996
Should still dump into notifications within the site. I’m not sure that was happening with @“Van B” to Van

I have received notifications within the site from others but my username has no space

I thought I saw someone recently couldn’t tag Dr Evil ?
sportlicherFahrer
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Oct 5 2022, 08:43 AM) *

Should still dump into notifications within the site. I’m not sure that was happening with @“Van B” to Van

I have received notifications within the site from others but my username has no space

I thought I saw someone recently couldn’t tag Dr Evil ?

That was me trying to tag the Dr.. I didn't know about quotes around names with spaces. Went back and edited my post, and the tag worked. confused24.gif
VaccaRabite
I moved this to the Garage

Names with spaces will not resolve when tagging in posts. I don't know if putting the name in quotes works or not. I know many of us that used to have spaces in our names removed the spaces to make tagging easier. My username used to be 2 words.

Zach
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Oct 7 2022, 09:35 AM) *

I moved this to the Garage

Names with spaces will not resolve when tagging in posts. I don't know if putting the name in quotes works or not. I know many of us that used to have spaces in our names removed the spaces to make tagging easier. My username used to be 2 words.

Zach

That's why there is no space in my name either.

Clay
bbrock
I'd had the same issue on a post in the same thread that @Superhawk996 showed as an example, but for a user with no spaces. In one post, I could not get the tag to go bold. In the very next post on the same thread and tagging the same user, it did. I thought maybe Neo was doing something weird in the matrix and figured it was just one of those momentary glitches.

I've also had good luck having member tags with spaces go bold using the syntax Phil showed @"user name" (quotes around the name) but have no idea if they actually get a notice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.