Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mirror, Mirror...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914werke
Thinking about mirror options, I searched but I could find no images of anyone using the early stainless 911 mirrors on the 914 ?
They are slightly larger & dont look too far off the stock 914 mirror.
Is it that the mounting is just too difficult? idea.gif
Bullethead
Early 911s' use a circular Durant mirror that came in two sizes, do you mean the flag mirrors from a little later?

https://www.stoddard.com/91173101308.html.html

Installation should be just as simple as stock.
914werke
Yes I wasnt going back that far. Your link is a example of those I was wondering about.
914Sixer
Bolt holes are a different size. Screw in through lip in door if I remember correctly.
fiacra
QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 5 2022, 05:15 PM) *

Thinking about mirror options, I searched but I could find no images of anyone using the early stainless 911 mirrors on the 914 ?

Rich,

They are on my car, the one I bought from @burton73 . There is a picture in this thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=360203&hl=

Go to post #15. I really like the look. Not sure about how easy to mount as I didn't put them on. Maybe Bob has some input?
Bullethead
^^^ Not surprising that those like pretty damn good. cool.gif
burton73
here you go. i liked them a lot

Bob Burton. burton73

Click to view attachment
worn
QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 5 2022, 05:15 PM) *

I would think one could fab an adapter out of stainless. Unless the mirrors carry un removable studs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.