Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Picture resize to print
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
I have a 50k JPEG as listed in Explorer. When I open it in Adobe PhotoDeluxe BE to resize , it lists 1.09 Meg and a 400" width!

When I resize it to 11" width it is only blurred pixels. I posted it on a test and it posts fine.

I want to print it but in it's present format it overloads my laser printer memory. How can I resize it to print?
Demick
it's only 1 pixel per inch. That's only 400x400 pixels. That's already low resolution. Only reason to resize that is to make an avitar or something.
neo914-6
At 400" it won't print. confused24.gif

What is the relationship of paper size to pixel size?
seanery
usually print is 300dpi - 1200dpi...your image shows settings of 1dpi...so every pixel will be 1 inch in size ohmy.gif
seanery
let's say you want it to fit on an 8x10...resize it to:

2400x2400 @300dpi...that will print it 8"x8" but it will break up a bit because it's 6x it's current size. you can do the math to figure another size, but remember You need to change the resolution from 1dpi to approx 300dpi.
neo914-6
QUOTE (seanery @ Aug 7 2005, 03:00 PM)
let's say you want it to fit on an 8x10...resize it to:

2400x2400 @300dpi...that will print it 8"x8" but it will break up a bit because it's 6x it's current size. you can do the math to figure another size, but remember You need to change the resolution from 1dpi to approx 300dpi.

all my program seems to allow is to change the size, not the resolution. mad.gif
seanery
post it here and I'll fix it. Tell me what size you want it to be.
neo914-6
here you go...
I need letter size 8 1/2 x 11 or slightly smaller
seanery
Here it is...right click and "save target as" to download it
It's 6" x 9"
neo914-6
Thanks Sean,

Do I need a different program to do this?
seanery
try photoshop elements, it should do it, and I think it's a gimme or damn near it price-wise.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.