Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flywheel question- 6 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SKL1
Working on my six conversion for my '71. 2.4 T engine now at Ollies getting the spa treatment. They'd like the flywheel for balancing...
Wondered about options for flywheel for that engine to be mated to my original transaxle after it has been rebuilt by CMS.

Love the lightened flywheel that is in the modded 4 cylinder engine that is in the car presently.

What do people like for a good street car? Nothing crazy...

TIA
lesorubcheek
I decided to go with a Sebro in our 2.4. Nothing fancy, just a replacement for the factory 90110202601 or 90110202602. Not looking for a hyper fast spooling up track car, just a good fun and hopefully reliable daily driver. Several options available, but this seemed the most straight forward.
Click to view attachment

Dan
porschetub
QUOTE(lesorubcheek @ Oct 7 2022, 06:31 AM) *

I decided to go with a Sebro in our 2.4. Nothing fancy, just a replacement for the factory 90110202601 or 90110202602. Not looking for a hyper fast spooling up track car, just a good fun and hopefully reliable daily driver. Several options available, but this seemed the most straight forward.
Click to view attachment

Dan

always wondered why the 914/6 flywheel was drilled for a lighter weight and the 911 wasn't ?.
Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Oct 6 2022, 12:53 PM) *

Working on my six conversion for my '71. 2.4 T engine now at Ollies getting the spa treatment. They'd like the flywheel for balancing...
Wondered about options for flywheel for that engine to be mated to my original transaxle after it has been rebuilt by CMS.

Love the lightened flywheel that is in the modded 4 cylinder engine that is in the car presently.

What do people like for a good street car? Nothing crazy...

TIA

On the 2.4L S spec motor I used to have in my car I used a 71 911 flywheel, and a 71 911 transmission with the 225mm pull type clutch. It worked fine in the car, and it eliminated the clutch cable pulley, and the stress on the clutch tube.

Not an original idea on my part, I found it in an old copy of "UPFIXIN DER PORSCHE"

Clay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.