Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yard Orniment in MA For sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
This car is still for sale. I thought about buying but I don't know if it has enough parts.

How much would you pay for this car? The longs are gone the motor is frozen. I don't know if the Fuchs are real or not. Has some sought after parts.

VegasRacer
Link? Pictures? Details? confused24.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE (djm914-6 @ Aug 7 2005, 06:33 PM)
This car is still for sale. I thought about buying but I don't know if it has enough parts.

How much would you pay for this car? The longs are gone the motor is frozen. I don't know if the Fuchs are real or not. Has some sought after parts.

You got a picture? I paid $400 for the Banana and got glass, interior, 5 lug fake Fuchs, 5 lug rear hubs and a bunch of other parts. Oh yea a Chalon body kit that is a backup for when I damage what is on the car now biggrin.gif
djm914-6
trying to post pics but having trouble.

djm914-6
trial #176

Keeps telling me...

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You cannot upload this type of file

I'm doing the same thing as I always do!
bd1308
hmmm.....

what file extension is it?
djm914-6
Same as always; .jpg and reduced in size to fit well below the limits of the board. I even tried posting to the blog and it wouldn't take.
bd1308
i need a front clip.....

BUY BUY BUY!
SirAndy
QUOTE (djm914-6 @ Aug 7 2005, 06:46 PM)
Same as always; .jpg and reduced in size to fit well below the limits of the board. I even tried posting to the blog and it wouldn't take.

email it to me and i'll have a look at it ...

PM with email addy sent ...
wink.gif Andy
djm914-6
Thanks Andy, I'll try to get you some pics tonight.

Until then, here's a better description:

very good glass and trim

no rust in the trunks, excellent by Nor'east standards.

Interior is fair (mis-match seat backs but no tears) cracked dash but a good core door panels are fair with monster speakers. Amp mounted under dash. Carpets good. Seals are ok good. Leather Porsche crest shift knob.

Exterior has good RBBB, no fogs. Good valance rockers are most likely shot. Doors are fair but one has severe surface rust (smooth, no pits) Front fenders are ok. Rear fender are typical NorthEast style. Roof is fair but headliner is falling. Signal housing good. Rear lenses are good but fronts are foggy.

Could't find the motor under the leaves. Two carbs, "seized motor". Ansa look exhaust with 4 dented tips. Could be a core?
SirAndy
QUOTE (djm914-6 @ Aug 7 2005, 06:46 PM)

this is odd as there seems to be nothing wrong with those pictures.

do you have a firewall at home?
idea.gif Andy
SirAndy
ok, here are the pix ...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

smash.gif Andy
SirAndy
looks like a 1.7/1.8 motor. car might be worth saving, depending on how bad the hellhole/longs is ...

welder.gif Andy
jet1
sombody get that battery out of there! ohmy.gif
bd1308
1.8 look at the distinctive oil filler cap. I've seen that only on 1.8s....

dude, that would be so awesome if you could get that for nil.....

then i could grab a front clip biggrin.gif
djm914-6
It's not a fixer! I put my bare finger through the drivers side long. The passanger side looks worse.

My thinking is that this is a $300-$400 car. Thoughts?

Andy,
I do have a firewall, but I've never had problems uploading pics before. Something changed somewhere. Thanks for posting!
bd1308
i paid 400 for my roller and it was in better shape than this car....

i'd say low 200-300.....
ThemWyatts
I paid a lot less for my car last week, and the pics are on the forum.
JCG
David
I'm in MA too and looking for a parts car. I'm very slowly rebuilding a 75 1.8. If you want to go in with a local guy, I might be interested in splitting it with you and then splitting it with my sawsall. Let me know.
djm914-6
well, that would make three to take the car. Bruce (BCinSC) may go in too. Huh, $100 each max? Yeah we can do that.
bd1308
if'n you need a extra $100 lemme know david......

Quebecer
I'll take the wheels and some interior parts off your hands for $75 if you want?

I might need a couple of weeks to get down to MA though.

kgb
I need the carbs
bd1308
i would like to grab that steering wheel......

or something....

front clip?
djm914-6
So your saying I should go buy the car?
STL914
Those appear to be original Fuchs which would be worth
$300 to $400 for the set of four. If you could get the car for $400, it would be a pretty good deal.
JCG
David
I sent you a PM
theol00
will make a nice planter laugh.gif
Quebecer
David,

I just PM'd you !

Dan
djm914-6
Ok, I get the hint. Gee, a parts car in New England is a rare site I guess. Bruce is already planning on Hershey too, so what we don't want to ship will go there.

Then there's that car in Maine that I want too. Hmmm, Bruce's wife won't mind a few more Porsche rotting in her newly purchased yard; will she?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.