Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Importing back to the US?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dt4
Does the dollar to £ exchange rate make bringing ex US cars back from the UK viable?

I am moving house and need to release some cash due to increasing mortgage interest rates over here.

I imported the car from california back in 2019, there is a full journey thread on here to see how things went

Interested to hear thoughts
StarBear
@wonkipop A 1975 1.8 from California; any engine/sticker data needed? biggrin.gif
r_towle
if the car was originally titled here in the US, and you have the title, its simple. Just ship it.
Get an importer to help you.

If you no longer have a title, apply for a lost one in the state that issued the title in your name.

going to the UK...that is the challenge.
Coming home...not a ton of paperwork to get it back into the country.

Rich
Mike Bellis
I think the additional cost of transport may make the "investment" not worth the journey. Rising fuel costs have increased the cost to transport. I had to pay an extra $1000 for shipping two cars domestically, 2000 miles, a few months ago. Buying overseas container space has similar cost impacts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.