Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacement bushings for front sway bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
I'm going through my car and found my bushings are in sad shape. Anyone know where I can get replacements? Maybe bronze? I see some on Paragon Products site but don't know if they will fit.

Click to view attachment
Luke M
That kinda looks like a Weltmeister front sway bar bushing. What size is it?
I ended up buying the org 914 bushing cups and found bushings to fit the cup/22mm Welt sway bar. IIRC I got the bushings from 914rubber.
Superhawk996
Easy work with lathe. Any machine shop can make out of Delron or bronze if you want.
Tdskip
SuperPro makes “generic” sizes so you might be able to just do a search on the dimensions of this one. Sunmit Taconf will also carry stuff like this.
Montreal914
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Oct 9 2022, 09:40 AM) *

Easy work with lathe. Any machine shop can make out of Delron or bronze if you want.

@Superhawk996 Side question; I have always been familiar with Delrin (DuPont) material but in the past few years I have heard people talking about Delron. I don't see it listed anywhere, is this a different brand of acetal polymer, or just a typo?
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Oct 9 2022, 05:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Oct 9 2022, 09:40 AM) *

@Superhawk996 Side question; I have always been familiar with Delrin (DuPont) material but in the past few years I have heard people talking about Delron. I don't see it listed anywhere, is this a different brand of acetal polymer, or just a typo?

Typo - Delrin is proper trade name. Fingers go faster than brain and auto correct isn’t smart enough to fix it for me.

@Montreal914
URY914
QUOTE(Luke M @ Oct 9 2022, 08:09 AM) *

That kinda looks like a Weltmeister front sway bar bushing. What size is it?
I ended up buying the org 914 bushing cups and found bushings to fit the cup/22mm Welt sway bar. IIRC I got the bushings from 914rubber.

It is a 22mm Weltmeister bar. I'll check with 914rubber. Thanks
URY914
914Rubber does not have them. sad.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 10 2022, 04:19 PM) *

https://914ltd.com/product/porsche-914-orig...way-bar-mounts/

Brad Mayer makes a high quality product. These are not a thin gauge metal
We stock his stuff too. Unfortunately, will not be around my car until tomorrow evening.

Sorry ,
No we do not.
Check with George, maybe in a closet somewhere?
URY914
Thanks I'll keep looking.
mepstein
A fellow 914 owner made one for my H&H bar on his lathe. I think it was pretty easy.
URY914
I emailed Chris at Tangerine Racing. beer.gif
stownsen914
I replaced some a few years ago, and was able to find generic ones that worked for me. I forget which vendor I used, but try McMaster Carr for starters. Note that a 22 mm Weltmeister may actually be 7/8" (within a few thou of being the same thing) - mine was.

https://www.mcmaster.com/bushings/light-dut...leeve-bearings/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.