Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 project on Offer Up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dstudeba
Please move or delete this if it shouldn’t be in this forum but thought someone might be interested.

Click to view attachment
tazz9924
As a matter of principle i don’t trust offer up. car looks nice though
rjames
Too bad no engine and parts pics. If it really is just mostly ‘some assembly required’, it could be a great deal.
914werke
looks like palma?
Bullethead
Link? It appears to be already gone...
dstudeba
QUOTE(Bullethead @ Oct 9 2022, 01:13 PM) *

Link? It appears to be already gone...

Link
rgalla9146
QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 9 2022, 04:12 PM) *

looks like palma?

Looks like Irish green to me.
Palma on a six would be pretty odd.

Edit; the pics with the ad and the copy certainly suggest Palma green metallic......my mistake
914werke
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Oct 9 2022, 02:53 PM) *
QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 9 2022, 04:12 PM) *
looks like palma?
Looks like Irish green to me. Palma on a six would be pretty odd.
Edit; the pics with the ad and the copy certainly suggest Palma green metallic......my mistake

Agreed, that the reason I commented.
mb911
I think that’s the car that has a tweaked chassis that the guy was unwilling to repair as he learned about it after it was painted. Not 100% but fairly sure.
dstudeba
Not knowledgeable enough about Porsche labeling or sixes to know if this plaque is original, but I haven’t seen one like this before that I recall.

Click to view attachment

Bullethead
Definitely Green Metallic, a pretty rare color you gotta love. Shame the ad is lacking details but it's clear they want to talk with serious buyers. If it ISN'T the tweaked car @mb911 mentioned and much of the heavy lifting is done, it's worth negotiating.
Unless there's a bunch of goodies included, the ask seems a tad optimistic. Finishing OPP projects is usually a can of worms, but maybe this is that once in a million gem.
mb911
QUOTE(Bullethead @ Oct 9 2022, 06:14 PM) *

Definitely Green Metallic, a pretty rare color you gotta love. Shame the ad is lacking details but it's clear they want to talk with serious buyers. If it ISN'T the tweaked car @mb911 mentioned and much of the heavy lifting is done, it's worth negotiating.
Unless there's a bunch of goodies included, the ask seems a tad optimistic. Finishing OPP projects is usually a can of worms, but maybe this is that once in a million gem.

I don’t remember if is the car I am thinking of was a real -6 or a conversion. It was about a year ago now that it popped up on here.
dstudeba
I did find a reference for 83 being Green Metallic. Must have special ordered a 911 color.

Green Metallic

Reference to 83 as green metallic
gms
Green metallic was a standard color with upcharge for metallic just like silver
jkh
I saw a Metallic Green 914-6 , 40 yrs ago on I-5 headed North, Alaska Plates..
Marysville, Washington.. I was in My Irish Green Six...
rgalla9146

Metalic green on a 1970 914 6 would be code 221
mrholland2
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Oct 10 2022, 02:21 PM) *

In the "914 Info" on colors, Green Metallic is 83 for a 914-6 produced in 1969 and 1970.
stevesc_us
QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Oct 10 2022, 02:44 PM) *

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Oct 10 2022, 02:21 PM) *

In the "914 Info" on colors, Green Metallic is 83 for a 914-6 produced in 1969 and 1970.

You Sir are correct. Metallic Green on a 914-6 is color code 83. I should know, I owned one for 25 years. Great color. Click to view attachment
Root_Werks
Very cool color and even looks like a good project to finish up. It seems worth a hands on look for any interested person.
rgalla9146

I'm batting a thousand here.
The Johnson book lists 8310, L97P and 221 for Metalic Green
.....also fails to mention that 914 6 paint codes (on the door tag) are just two
digits. Oh well.
raynekat
Ad says the engine and transmission have been professionally rebuilt and are in the car.

Could be a great project for someone to finish if the chassis checks out as straight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.